Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Extra food box angle?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:51 pm
I had the strangest experience with a food box pickup. Signed up for a box. Came late/at the very end of pickup hours. Handed my paper. The guy said they have no more boxes, he will give me an ‘extras’ box. Puts a small box in my trunk. As I drive away, I notice one of the huge trucks that contain the boxes being unloaded, seemingly full of more boxes. So I made a big circle and went back to the beginning and asked the guy if I can please have a regular box since I was given an ‘extras’ box but was told no more regular ones. He said they don’t have enough and I got what I got. But there was a pile of these new/regular boxes that were unloaded off the truck while I made my circle so I was SO confused! I asked him what he means not enough, there is a whole pile and the pickup time is over, no one else is coming. Another guy walked over to ask what the issue is. Not sure what the first guy said but second guy said fine, give her a box. He did. Came home and opened it. It was the regular box with all food groups for 3-4 kids for a week.. And the ‘extras’ box was a pretty random small box w milk, small bread, a protein, and a fruit- maybe like for 1 kid? Anyway, the whole thing was so so strange.
I HATE to think badly about people who volunteer hours to organize this amazing free food over the summer. And I HATE to c”v be the cause of LH if this is LH? But really scratching my head here. Why were they seemingly hoarding boxes and not trying to give them all out and not be stuck with leftovers? Why lie to me? Why the sneakiness? Why would they want boxes and boxes of food to deal with and the pickups all done for the day?

amother
Trillium

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 11:15 pm
Sounds like the new delivery was for the next day/for a different yeshiva/for something with a different cheshbon that wasn't supposed to be mixed. I don't know the reasons but I'm sure they're legitimate. (I do know some schools are hired to prepare boxes for other schools to give out).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries