Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Asking for a raise- only been there a couple of years

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:13 pm
im a slp for a bk based agency and I commute...I got paid a certain rate and now that im certified and have my ccc's the salary is raised by $2 once licensed. it really isnt so much bc my paycheck at the end of the month doesnt cover much and we struggle paycheck to paycheck.

I want to ask for a raise, but I dont know what to say.

What if they tell me "well you are getting a raise of 2$!" (that doesnt count imho, I wasnt licensed before, im licensed now I dont consider that a raise if thats what I would have gotten originally if I was licensed).

Is it ok to ask for if this is my 3rd year working? How should this convo go?

Bonus points if you know of any agencies hiring SLPs for this year...
Iyh planning on applying to DOE next year.

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:47 pm
I don't know where you live, but in Monsey, there are so many places that do EI or through CPSE advertising that they are looking for SLPs.
Not sure about the raise part though. Maybe find out from other people if the company you work for gives raises, and if it is worth asking.

Ellie7

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 11:07 pm
Here’s the thing; you ask for a raise when your work merits a raise, not when you want more money. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for a raise after three years if you can make a case for why you deserve it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:25 am
Ellie7 wrote:
Here’s the thing; you ask for a raise when your work merits a raise, not when you want more money. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for a raise after three years if you can make a case for why you deserve it.

I have parents requesting me for their children, I dont miss work, ive worked summers for 3 years. 5 therapists are leaving already bc of how low the pay is. Do u think this is a good reason to ask for a raise? How would I word the request?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:26 am
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
I don't know where you live, but in Monsey, there are so many places that do EI or through CPSE advertising that they are looking for SLPs.
Not sure about the raise part though. Maybe find out from other people if the company you work for gives raises, and if it is worth asking.

Nowhere near Monsey
Ei has its drawbacks too. Traveling time between clients etc. I prefer school based
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics