Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Snacks that don't make you fat!
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:38 pm
omg you and I would be good friends. I loooove snacking at night while kids are asleep and a sweet after dinner is always mandatory. few months ago I made changes cuz was getting out of hand. I bought myself tons of low fat snacks and replaced with tht. I also started eating better during the day and once I was eating better during day I barely even crave the snacks anymore at night but it’s nice to know tht they r there. last night I made myself two 24 oz decaf vanilla ice coffees. I sipped on those while I worked around the house and didn’t miss food. for a sweet after dinner I started eating a fruit. once my body got used to it I don’t crave the salty snacks and sugar anymore. trader joe’s has yummy granola bites. I also like the made good granola bites and granola bars. I also make myself a trail mix of raw almonds and craisins and tht satisfies my sweet. even though tht is high calorie but I don’t feel guilty abt it if I was good alll day. I bought air popped chips and the 100 calorie packs of microwave popcorn. I love the sunday snacks tomato basil air popped chips. I also sometimes have a hot tea with a bag of the pashkez oats n crax cookies. if it’s super late at night I don’t like to have any calories. so if I need a pick me up at like 1am I make myself a huge iced tea with no sweetener. (red zinger with two slices lemon-it’s delicious!). good luck!!!!!

also if u get the munchies try to make urself a big drink to go with the snack. like an iced coffee or iced tea. it’s very refreshing and makes the snack more satisfying so u don’t feel like u need more.

metacognizant

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:43 pm
You're really not going to like this, but if losing weight is a priority, the answer is not what you eat, but when you eat and when you sleep. Go to sleep when the kids go to sleep, skip all the post dinner snacks, wake up early and pack their bags.

Barring that, a high protein/low sugar snack like a kind bar and a glass of milk while you're doing post-dinner chores. But try to do the post dinner chores in dim, amber colored light so that your body gets the message that it's nighttime. Otherwise the bright light will really make you hungry for sweet food to give you energy to get through the day, when really your body should be preparing for night!

Try focusing on time-appropriate light levels and colors (full spectrum light in the daytime, amber light at night), and sleeping when it's dark outside. The appetite and weight loss will follow.

elisheva25

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:51 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
What pills do you take first to convince yourself that lettuce is a snack?

😂😂❤️❤️❤️❤️

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:08 pm
More importantly train yourself not to eat after 7/8 at night..brush your teeth when you finish eating supper and that's it..make sure you ate enough during the day!

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 3:05 pm
Kale chips or nori chips. Roast kale or nori in the oven with the seasoning you want.

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 3:10 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
How do you store this? In the refrigerator?

I suppose so, though it never happened. Always gets finished 😀. My kids like it too.

Camelback

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 3:12 pm
amother [ Moccasin ] wrote:
Roasted chickpeas with a bunch of spices is great.
Almonds
Shredded Purple cabbage (has a good crunch)
Israeli pickles
Sliced apples with peanut butter

chickpeas, almonds and peanut butter are all quite high in calories...

t'china too, by the way.

Now in summer you could eat frozen fruits, e.g. frozen raspberries, frozen strawberries, or just throw fruit into the mixer and freeze it.

Maybe it would also work with green smoothies, frozen into popsicles. 1 popsicle is about half a portion of fruit or veggies.

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 4:20 pm
I trained myself to love veggies
no dressing needed
no one can take away from me my celery sticks, cuces, dark leaves (baby spinach etc)

No
cake is not more appealing

welcome to a new lifestyle

(it you like to have a new look, y have to have new thinking, or choose to stay where you are.
its all options we have)

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 6:33 pm
I find if I eat too late, my tummy is too busy for me to go to sleep. So if I'm really in the mood for something I try to have a cup of herbal tea. Or max, I do an instant miso soup.

In the summer I've been having iced mint tea, I use stevia and it's quite delish (although it can taste funny with some items, in this tea you mamash can't tell).

Most of the store brands have mint together with regular caffeinated tea but the health food stores have plain spearmint and peppermint tea bags. I make a cold brew container of a few & it lasts me a few days.

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 6:42 pm
Nuts: almond, pistachio, pumpkin seeds.....

Camelback

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 6:56 pm
amother [ PlumPink ] wrote:
Nuts: almond, pistachio, pumpkin seeds.....

If you snack on nuts, you have to be very careful about the quantities, since they are very high in calories (higher than cake, sugar, icecream, as high as chocolate or mayonnaise)

DreamerForever

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:47 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
The pasta wasn’t for me- it was for my kids
Haven’t eaten that in a long while..

Well, in that case you deserved every last lick of that milky spread! you earned it!! Hee hee

DreamerForever

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:48 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
https://www.dawnjacksonblatner.com/wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/2020/05/50-Snack-List_FINAL.pdf

I love this lady dawn Jackson Blatner I think m her whole food philosophy is fun and smart and easy
Here she gives a list of fifty snacks. All are a combo of produce and protein.

This looks great! thanks for posting.

Um, doesn't your SN kinda disqualify you from posting on this thread...? You're kinda like one big gooey temptation Punch

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:54 pm
Air and ice

DreamerForever

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 8:02 pm
I really appreciate everyone who posted. Thank you! I took out a pen and paper and wrote down lots of ideas I liked Smile

I was in the grocery today (I'm in England) and picked up a pack of something called 'Love corn'- crunchy bits of spiced dried corn. It's great actually- so crunchy and spicy.

The best part on these food threads is seeing everyone's passions and idiosyncrasies! So entertaining. Shout out to the mother who has FOUR kinds of pickles to choose from! Keep crunching!!

DreamerForever

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 8:05 pm
DustyDiamonds wrote:
About lettuce….

I’ve always wondered:

Let’s say that at the end of Yom Kippur I was placed in a lettuce warehouse. Would I ever feel full????

You're crazy, I like you Laugh

clarity1

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:54 pm
roasted chickpeas usually get eaten up in my house but if I would need to put it away, I would not put in fridge cuz itll taste stale and not retain the crunch. keep it at room temperature until eaten up

gootlfriends

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:03 pm
If you are craving sweets, go for a fruit. Then you get the fiber so you feel full. I do second the go to bed earlier idea. For the record, low fat foods are often high in sugar, which gets turned into fat by your body. Also, try to avoid buying foods you don't want to eat or make them harder to reach than the healthier foods. It doesn't sound like a hunger issue per say...it's a habit. Creating a different habit might be easier. Like going for a walk or reading a book...whatever relaxes you.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:14 pm
For a while I did intermittent fasting. When I knew that I wasn't going to eat, I just didn't.

But now we're back to regularly unscheduled snacking.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 1:20 am
Eat meat. Or fish. Or cheese. Or eggs. Yum.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise