Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Berkshires recommendations

LO

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:03 pm
Hi all! We have never been to the Berkshires and would love to plan a trip. Can you give me ideas for what there is to see and do? We have kids ranging from 15 to 2....and we would be going at the end of August. Thanks so much!

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:07 pm
Search the site for Bentley brook. There are tons of posts about this

LO

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:01 pm
Thanks! Anyone else?

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:11 pm
Jiminy Peak has two mountain parks. They have alpine coaster, Soaring Eagle, Eurobungy trampoline, chairlift.

LO

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 11:24 am
What about nature type stuff, cute little towns to explore, that type of thing?

Echinacea

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 11:40 am
Look into Mount greylock to drive up or hike and Shaker village with animals and round barn. For Village with shops try Great Barrington. Museums are Arrowhead. Berkshire museum. Norman Rockwell museum mass moca

doctorima

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 12:30 pm
We enjoyed the drive up Mt. Greylock and met an Appalachian Trail thru-hiker there who was interesting to talk to. We enjoyed shopping on the main street in Stockbridge. There is a stunning glass art store there, but the pieces can be worth thousands of dollars, so only go with kids who you trust not to break anything. We also walked around one other quaint town, I believe Lenox, but not sure. The Boston Pops orchestra practices there in the summer (Tanglewood), so you may be able to see a free (?) rehearsal.

crystal

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 12:44 pm
doctorima wrote:
We enjoyed the drive up Mt. Greylock and met an Appalachian Trail thru-hiker there who was interesting to talk to. We enjoyed shopping on the main street in Stockbridge. There is a stunning glass art store there, but the pieces can be worth thousands of dollars, so only go with kids who you trust not to break anything. We also walked around one other quaint town, I believe Lenox, but not sure. The Boston Pops orchestra practices there in the summer (Tanglewood), so you may be able to see a free (?) rehearsal.

Off topic but I love to hear your travel experiences! Seems you've covered quite a lot!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics