Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Did you get a raise in the last year?
1  2  Next

Did you get a raise last year?
Yes  
 52%  [ 39 ]
No  
 37%  [ 28 ]
I will soon  
 9%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 74

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:46 pm
Hi, you don't need to say how much your increase was, just if you had one. In the news I see the claim that wages have increased, but it's not what I see for our family. At the same time everything is more expensive: gas, cleaning lady, property taxes, groceries, baby sitters. We're upper middle class and get no discounts for anything. My midwife told me I will have to pay double the amount of this birth than for my last birth just a year ago. And we're not big spenders. We've been always very frugal so it's not like we could save any money.

mha3484

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:49 pm
Yes I did for 2022 but I did not in 2020 or 2021. First I felt it was a little demoralizing to work so hard get a nice bump but not see any of it since so many basics became more expensive but I try to remind myself that if I got no raise I would be worse off.

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:51 pm
I actually got two- once because I reached a work anniversary and the second time because they bumped everyone up the pay scale

But then my rent increased 10% 😢

hodeez

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:57 pm
Yes, we get annual raises depending on company ratings. I also got a raise on top of that for a promotion.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:58 pm
hodeez wrote:
Yes, we get annual raises depending on company ratings. I also got a raise on top of that for a promotion.

Are you working for a corporation?

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 3:00 pm
I got a large raise because I asked for it. But I hadn't gotten a raise in years before that.
DH is iyh asking for a very large raise in the next few days. He is very underpaid in his current job and is willing to leave if need be. Our cost of living has increased at least 25% in the past year

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 3:02 pm
I voted yes.

I have to ask. So every year I request an annual review. We are supposed to get a raise annually, but they don't give it if you don't ask.

Dh gets a raise automatically every year. This year bh it came with a promotion.

Unfortunately the economy isn't helping.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 3:11 pm
I got a 4% raise.

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 3:43 pm
DH just got a 9.3% raise but that was for a mid year promotion. He usually gets an annual cost of living raise at the end of the year.

hodeez

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 4:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are you working for a corporation?

Yes

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 4:01 pm
I work in a school and did not get a raise. and my expenses went up like crazy so this year was really difficult!

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 4:20 pm
No but I switched jobs for a better paying one. There just over a year. I’m going to have to gather the courage to ask for a raise.

imanotmommy

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 5:13 pm
Are you asking if people got any raise (even 1-2% annual raise) or a "special" raise in honor of high inflation?

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 5:17 pm
No raises for me or dh

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 5:19 pm
Rolling Laughter : Rolling Laughter

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 5:33 pm
imanotmommy wrote:
Are you asking if people got any raise (even 1-2% annual raise) or a "special" raise in honor of high inflation?

Any raise is better than no raise but I think it still hurts if it's just 2%. Feel free to comment.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 5:35 pm
imanotmommy wrote:

Technically any raise counts but I'm curious to find out how hard this new financial situation is for others. Feel free to complain or share your opinion.

mha3484

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 5:43 pm
My average raise when my bosses cash flow is good is around 10% a year. 2020 and 2021 were not great so I got no raise. I am up a little over 50% from when I started almost 8 years ago. If all I got was 2-4 percent a year I would have quit years ago.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 5:50 pm
I run a private playgroup and I've not put up my price.
I don't intend to anytime soon because it hurts me to see everyone around me struggling to pay for basics.
My dh also works for himself.
My sheitel macher just told me that she raised her prices, after I'd given her 2 wigs! But what choice would I have anyway?! She was cheaper than a lot of others as it was so I should've seen it coming I guess.

tweety1

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 5:53 pm
I voted for dh. He has. But he hasn't gotten in a quite few years so his raise was long overdue.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics