Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Help me cover my hair
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:19 pm
I want to try different styles of hair coverings that cover all my hair. Can anyone direct me? I saw someone on instagram who wears a tichel tied and shows no hair. I reached out to her and got no response. I am tired of wearing the tichels with the band so tight that I get a headache and by the time I get used to it they are to loose. Any ideas links or how tos I would be so grateful!

taketwo

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:23 pm
FYI tying your no-slip bands or tichels too tight actually causes your tichel to slip back. Check out wrapunzel ladies you tube channel. Older videos you'll probably find more useful than their newer ones.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:24 pm
taketwo wrote:
FYI tying your no-slip bands or tichels too tight actually causes your tichel to slip back. Check out wrapunzel ladies you tube channel. Older videos you'll probably find more useful than their newer ones.

I only wear a tichel nothing else
I will check out the site thanks

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:26 pm
I wear pre tied banadana, when u try on elastic should be holding well and covering all if thats what you want, but not too much perssure to give you a headache

I am with you on both !

over time, elastic gets weaker, and need to buy new.

u prolong life of elastic by never put in dryer, heat kills it. hand wash and dry over a towel on bathroom bar. also some ppl I know go to dressmaker with several to renew band. always try on ebfore leaving the place. must be holding snug, but no extra pressure on head

Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:30 pm
amother [ Stonewash ] wrote:
I wear pre tied banadana, when u try on elastic should be holding well and covering all if thats what you want, but not too much perssure to give you a headache

I am with you on both !

over time, elastic gets weaker, and need to buy new.

u prolong life of elastic by never put in dryer, heat kills it. hand wash and dry over a towel on bathroom bar. also some ppl I know go to dressmaker with several to renew band. always try on ebfore leaving the place. must be holding snug, but no extra pressure on head

Hatzlacha!

thank yoU! I tried the pretied bandana years ago and didn't like how I looked in it. So I want to try the tichel things. I wear a regular tichel that has elastic in it but not replacable as u don't see it I tried to have one fixed by dressmaker and didn't sit properly. They also switched from elastic to this adjustable thing so it moves more and doesn't sit right on me. So I was thinking to try the tichel thing.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thank yoU! I tried the pretied bandana years ago and didn't like how I looked in it. So I want to try the tichel things. I wear a regular tichel that has elastic in it but not replacable as u don't see it I tried to have one fixed by dressmaker and didn't sit properly. They also switched from elastic to this adjustable thing so it moves more and doesn't sit right on me. So I was thinking to try the tichel thing.

Have you tried the non pre tied square tichel? You can make it as tight/loose as you want. Many come with a non slip grip on top or you can sew in some velvet ribbon.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:42 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Have you tried the non pre tied square tichel? You can make it as tight/loose as you want. Many come with a non slip grip on top or you can sew in some velvet ribbon.

no thats what I want to try but I need to figure out how some ppl wear it and u see hair and some wear it where u see no hair thats the part I am trying to figure it out

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
no thats what I want to try but I need to figure out how some ppl wear it and u see hair and some wear it where u see no hair thats the part I am trying to figure it out

The people that wear it and show hair, wear it like that on purpose. I wear it and my hair never shows. I tie it well and it doesn't budge.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:49 pm
The people that wear it and show hair, wear it like that on purpose. I wear it and my hair never shows. I tie it well and it doesn't budge.

do you wear something underneath? or just the tichel?

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
do you wear something underneath? or just the tichel?

Just the tichel. It has a non slip piece on top.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:56 pm
Just the tichel. It has a non slip piece on top.

so I want to look for a tichel that has a piece on top>?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:56 pm
If anyone has any video you tube suggestions so many and I am quite overwhlemed just want a video showing the simple wrap thanks!

1ofbillions

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If anyone has any video you tube suggestions so many and I am quite overwhlemed just want a video showing the simple wrap thanks!

TieUrKnot has some video tutorials on tying a tichel.

https://thetieurknot.com/pages/tutorials

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:19 pm
1ofbillions wrote:
TieUrKnot has some video tutorials on tying a tichel.

https://thetieurknot.com/pages/tutorials

amazing thank yoU!

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:40 pm
I wear the tichels that they call "triangle" in the video. I wear it so no hair is showing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:44 pm
I wear the tichels that they call "triangle" in the video. I wear it so no hair is showing.

so u like the triangle better than the square?

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
so u like the triangle better than the square?

It's basically the same thing, but the triangle is sold pre folded with a non slip grip on top.

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:37 pm
Any links to tichels with the nonslip piece?
I wear pretieds but they give me a headache and once they finally loosen my hair shows. Annoying because I want to cover everything 100%.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:37 pm
will check them out thank you!

taketwo

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 6:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I only wear a tichel nothing else
I will check out the site thanks

So the trick is wearing a no-slip headbands underneath, or as others have said, buy the ones with the no-slip velvet already sewn in. The videos on the channel you'll find helpful are tying square Scarves or Israeli Scarves.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels