Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Is there any way to book an appointment for a US visa
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 12:27 pm
without waiting 8 months?

My daughter is flying to the states to visit my parents, and while she has US citizenship, her friend who would like to accompany her is Israeli. We filled out the visa application yesterday, but when she tried to make an appointment at the embassy, she was given a slot in November. They're supposed to be going in April! Is there any way of moving this up? There's no emergency at all, she just wants to go to improve her English, so I don't think that qualifies for an emergency appointment.

theoneandonly

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 1:17 pm
I had heard they aren't doing any visa appointments until August and are focusing on the backlog of US citizen services (passports, reports of birth abroad).

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 1:18 pm
So what happens if someone has a real emergency? Not that this is one, but I'm just wondering how they handle that. I guess that's what the emergency appointments are for?

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 3:15 pm
You can request an expedite but it will only be granted if its an actual emergency

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 4:39 pm
In my country if you go on the site of the visa with your username you can search for cancellations and sometimes you find a slot and can push up your appointment

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:28 pm
Does anyone know more about how to go about this?
My daughter wants to come but her husband needs a visa
someone said he'll help him get an appointment for a visa...for 7000 shekalim!

essie14

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 1:14 pm
https://il.usembassy.gov/visas.....isas/

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 2:03 pm
essie14 did you do this already?
why are people saying in-person apptmts are better than online?

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 2:24 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Does anyone know more about how to go about this?
My daughter wants to come but her husband needs a visa
someone said he'll help him get an appointment for a visa...for 7000 shekalim!

I'm pretty sure that's illegal.
You can just sit online all day and see if an earlier appointment comes up. Unfortunately it's unlikely.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 2:47 pm
I personally know someone who's marrying off her own child in three weeks time and still cannot get a visa for herself and her kallah! They've tried every single venue and still there's no one to talk to. She's stuck in Israel and was supposed to be here already several months ago! It's insane!

essie14

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 4:00 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
essie14 did you do this already?
why are people saying in-person apptmts are better than online?

I'm a US citizen, it's a completely different process. I've renewed several US passports for my family in the past year, in Israel.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 4:03 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I personally know someone who's marrying off her own child in three weeks time and still cannot get a visa for herself and her kallah! They've tried every single venue and still there's no one to talk to. She's stuck in Israel and was supposed to be here already several months ago! It's insane!

oy vey.

yes for us citizens its a diff process

we're talking for non-citizen here married to citizen

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 3:38 pm
im feeling so lost

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 12:53 pm
trying my luck again

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 1:10 pm
amother Orange wrote:

This is really tough. We lived through this in covid. Did they manage to get a visa? Is there a reason they can't have the wedding in Israel?

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 1:13 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
trying my luck again

It's 5 months since you first posted, do they have an appointment in 3 months?

Reality

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 1:23 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
trying my luck again

If your daughter is an American citizen, why doesn't she apply for him to become one as well? It may also take time but once it's done they'll never have this problem again.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 1:25 pm
amother Orange wrote:

I've worked in this area a couple of years ago, and there are some consulates that take third country national applicants (meaning, some people will fly to a US embassy in a different country to apply there if there's no availability in their home country). It's a bit risky without knowing in advance because some consulates will deny. I've had plenty of people do it with no issue in certain Asian countries but that was pre-covid and things may have changed, especially as staffing situations changed. If I were in their situation, I'd probably see if the U.S. embassy in Cyprus is taking visa appointments, then try to schedule there if there were any sooner slots. You can go there on vacation and happen to apply for a U.S. via while you're there. Of course it's risky if they don't take applicants from people who aren't living in Cyprus. You could also try to email the embassy in advance and see if they respond.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 1:37 pm
Reality wrote:
If your daughter is an American citizen, why doesn't she apply for him to become one as well? It may also take time but once it's done they'll never have this problem again.

This is a lengthy process that wouldn't make sense unless he wanted to live in the U.S. She would do it by applying for an immigrant visa for him. (Lengthy and somewhat costly.) This visa would be activated when he moved to the U.S. If he spends six or more months out of the U.S. after that entry, the U.S. can consider this status abandoned (unless he takes certain steps in advance to prove that he plans to return and live in the U.S., and keeps doing this.) To apply for U.S. citizenship eventually, he'll have to show that he spent the majority of the past few years physically in the U.S. When he finally becomes a U.S. citizen, he then has to report all his income earned abroad to the U.S. and generally has to pay the IRS taxes on his income earned abroad. That was a very very broad overview, but long story short, not worth it if he just wanted to visit the U.S. temporarily and doesn't plan to stay.

DrMom

Post Mon, Aug 22 2022, 2:07 pm
The US State Department is way behind on processing visas. Many people's applications were just rejected without explanation and they were told, "try next year." They don't even make an effort to process them.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions