Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
PSA Season Two of Indian Matchmaking Started

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 5:17 pm
Title says it all. Season two started streaming on Netflix. Follows an Indian shadchan and the men and women she works with.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 5:25 pm
If you like that, you might like the "Wedding Season" movie!

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 6:56 pm
Thank you! I loved season 1

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:38 pm
Oohh thank u!

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 8:02 pm
I also liked the one which helped people on the spectrum learn how to date. There were two seasons set in Australia and I think there was a more recent one set in Los Angeles.

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 8:05 pm
Not to put anyone on the spot but why are people imamother on this thread.

What so confidential about liking a very innocuous television series especially since you would be posting under an anonymous screen name if you weren't imamother.

I asked a similar question on a thread and I am genuinely curious about why people are so shy when they aren't revealing anything personal or confidential. If I were on the bus and talking to a stranger I would mention that I liked a program if they brought it up or a book. It is just normal conversation to me.

Kumphort

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:24 pm
What is the name of the one that taught people on the spectrum to date?

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:25 pm
Kumphort wrote:
What is the name of the one that taught people on the spectrum to date?

It's called Love on the Spectrum. There are two seasons in Australia and one season in US

There is also an Israeli series called On the Spectrum which is a scripted show - not a reality show. And there is the US version of the Israeli show As We See It which streams on amazon.

liveandlove.ima

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:30 pm
Amarante wrote:
Not to put anyone on the spot but why are people imamother on this thread.

What so confidential about liking a very innocuous television series especially since you would be posting under an anonymous screen name if you weren't imamother.

I asked a similar question on a thread and I am genuinely curious about why people are so shy when they aren't revealing anything personal or confidential. If I were on the bus and talking to a stranger I would mention that I liked a program if they brought it up or a book. It is just normal conversation to me.

People generally use imamother to protect their identity. The fear of being outed by friends and family. People who "know" your preferences. The movies and shows you like. The food you eat. The ideas you have in your head. Etc.

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:06 pm
liveandlove.ima wrote:
People generally use imamother to protect their identity. The fear of being outed by friends and family. People who "know" your preferences. The movies and shows you like. The food you eat. The ideas you have in your head. Etc.

Understood but it seems amazing to me that anyone would be able to recognize someone based on a show. Even if discussed at one point in passing it hard to imagine someone determine that it must be Rivka from their block who said they liked a book or television show.

liveandlove.ima

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:42 pm
Amarante wrote:
Understood but it seems amazing to me that anyone would be able to recognize someone based on a show. Even if discussed at one point in passing it hard to imagine someone determine that it must be Rivka from their block who said they liked a book or television show.

Rivka from the block not only likes Indian matchmaker and love on the spectrum. She also makes sourdough every week. Went local shopping today for the kids. Her potato kugel recipe. Etc I'm not so active recently and not so conscious about being outed I just thought about why people would.

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 7:44 pm
Anyone find it ironic that it's produced by an Aaron Saidman and Eli Holtzman?

miamimom93

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 1:03 am
When is the Jewish version set to air?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics