Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Did you get a raise in the last year?
Previous  1  2

Did you get a raise last year?
Yes  
 52%  [ 39 ]
No  
 37%  [ 28 ]
I will soon  
 9%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 74

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 6:03 pm
I work for a large corporation and get annual raises of 5-12% based on my and the company’s performance. Got a 7% raise and told my boss I needed more as that didn’t even keep up with inflation. He’s working on getting me a promotion which would come with a pay increase. Im not too excited about the increased responsibility. Wish my expenses hadn’t increased so much that this was necessary!

I’m very, very grateful for my job though. Getting an annual raise and having the opportunity for a promotion is huge. My heart goes out to people who aren’t as lucky. Inflation is so hard to deal with.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 6:14 pm
I work for a major medical company. We are international and the leaders in our field. Many lives literally depend on the treatments we provide. We all got a raise. It was between 2-2.5% depending on your review. Yay us.

I guess that’s what happens when you are stupid and work for a non-frum company.

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:20 pm
amother [ SandyBrown ] wrote:
I work for a major medical company. We are international and the leaders in our field. Many lives literally depend on the treatments we provide. We all got a raise. It was between 2-2.5% depending on your review. Yay us.

I guess that’s what happens when you are stupid and work for a non-frum company.

I work for a non-frum company and get significant annual raises. It’s specific to the industry you work in and your individual employer, not at all frum vs non-frum. I know plenty of people who haven’t gotten raises from their frum bosses in several years.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:29 pm
My boss offered me 5% raise last summer which I appreciated - first raise in 3 years that I worked there. But now everything has gone up.... is it wrong to ask for another? Very small company and I am huge asset

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:37 pm
No raise in a few years. Only raise I got was 3 years ago because I got fully licensed and took on way more responsibilities so it was a promotion technically. But no raise in the near future and it is super tough with everyone else raising prices.

realtalk

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:39 pm
I got a 20% raise but I’m still at a lower end of the pay scale and we had my annual review a week before I left on maternity leave to be started upon my return so I feel like some of it was bribe money. I also only work 23hrs/wk so it wasn’t a huge jump in actual numbers at the end.

amother
Clover

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:53 pm
I haven't gotten a decent raise in years and was severely underpaid considering my experience and specialty. BH for next year I'm getting a raise, almost double of what I earned last year. (Just shows you how underpaid I was until now)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics