Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Insurance Office

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:24 am
Do you work in an insurance office?

Do you/your boss ever switch clients/accounts around between staff? Or if you service one insured, you stick with them for years?

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:49 am
I am an insurance broker. It really depends on the office. Sometimes there are reps who only handles new business and then renewals are passed off to someone else. Also depends on whether the broker is salary based or commission based. If salary, really makes no difference if accounts are switched around. If commission, there needs to be a compensation arrangement if there is a switch.

If you can give me more details, I'll be happy to clarify further. I've been doing this for over 20 years.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 10:33 am
An acquaintance of mine who has many years experience is miserable at her job because she has a very large client contact who abuses her. Makes her do the same things again and again to feel like he's powerful. Typing up stuff in different formats. Requesting the same documents again and again. Work that everyone agrees is not the norm. This guy isn't an owner. Just the rep who my acquaintance deals with. My acquaintance is a paid by the hour worker.

She is really being mentally affected by this. He drives her insane every day. But her boss refuses to allow her to switch accounts with someone else.

I am trying to persuade her to come work at my office. She claims e/t else about her job is ok. But she can't take this abuse any longer.

Growing

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 11:09 am
this is not okay OP

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 11:13 am
No one has a right to abuse anyone. Her boss is in this as well. She should leave and be treated better elsewhere.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 11:28 am
It is an employee's market now in insurance and there are plenty of openings, especially for someone with experience. My recommendation would be for her to go to her boss and tell him that she can no longer work with X client because she is being treated unfairly and she needs to stop working with him or she is giving her two weeks notice. Then it is up to him to decide. She can stay if he agrees to move her off the account or she can move on to other employment. No reason for her to be miserable.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 11:57 am
Her boss knows exactly what's going on, as this guy drives him crazy as well. She has told him many times that she can't keep going on like this. She has 20 years experience and is really good. This guy plain makes her do personal assistant type of work to feel powerful.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 11:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Her boss knows exactly what's going on, as this guy drives him crazy as well. She has told him many times that she can't keep going on like this. She has 20 years experience and is really good. This guy plain makes her do personal assistant type of work to feel powerful.
If anything defines abuse THIS is it.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 12:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Can you clarify who the person doing the abusing is? If it's an insured (meaning the client), the boss can tell him he needs to find another broker, even if that means losing the account. If he wants to keep your friend as an employee, he needs to keep her happy.

groovy1224

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 12:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I don't understand why she's going along with these ridiculous demands.

If he asks for a document she already sent, she should say I sent it to you on August 3rd, please refer back. If he asks for a document in different fonts (???), she should send it in word and tell him he can go to town with all the fonts he wants. He can 'complain' to the boss if he wants. Trust me she won't get fired over being firm with this guy.

And if her boss DOES demand that she bend over backwards for this jerk, then she has her answer. It's time to move on and find an office and boss that respects her time and effort.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 2:14 pm
They aren't willing to lose this multi million dollar client. She is constantly sending and resending documents. Showing that it was sent and resent. Every email had a trail of prior emails attached to it.

The insured can bind a policy after receiving a clear quote and comparison. A week after binding the insured will want an email summarizing all the information. In the body of the email. The next day the insured will call and ask her to repeat the information in the email because he's driving and can't access emails. And this goes on and on and on.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 3:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They aren't willing to lose this multi million dollar client. She is constantly sending and resending documents. Showing that it was sent and resent. Every email had a trail of prior emails attached to it.

The insured can bind a policy after receiving a clear quote and comparison. A week after binding the insured will want an email summarizing all the information. In the body of the email. The next day the insured will call and ask her to repeat the information in the email because he's driving and can't access emails. And this goes on and on and on.

Look, I don't know how bad it is or if he is rude to her, but I always have to resend stuff all the time. My experience is that most people have terrible organizational skills. But if this bothers her to that point,then she can switch jobs easily. I work in insurance and it's very hard to find good employees with experience. Companies are looking for employees.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 3:09 pm
There's resending documents and resending documents every day multiple times. People who are in the business deal with many different customers. When e/o is more or less ok and 1 specific person is awful, you know something is up.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 5:58 pm
If she is in lakewood my boss is willing to pay top dollar for a worker with insurance experience. We are treated very nicely bh. In general I service the same insureds for the last 4 years I’ve been with them but they are flexible as needed.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 7:35 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
If she is in lakewood my boss is willing to pay top dollar for a worker with insurance experience. We are treated very nicely bh. In general I service the same insureds for the last 4 years I’ve been with them but they are flexible as needed.

Thanks. But she's in Brooklyn.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 8:31 pm
Would you mind sharing what top dollar is btw?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 11:09 am
bumping this up

how do you get trained?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics