Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to get stains out?

HakolTov

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 11:19 am
What do you recommend as the best stain remover to get stubborn stains out? I don't know what the stain is from and having difficulty getting it off.

Also is it better to use 2 or more different stain removers at once or try each one individually?

Thanks

bsy

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 11:51 am
Oxi max force spray

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 1:02 pm
Best way to deal with stains are to spray the stains with Zout immediately when you take off the clothes, before they go into the hamper. Allow that to sit for a few days before you launder. This won't work if not sprayed right away. Check if stains came out before drying. Do not put any clothes in the dryer that had stains. Hang to dry and then check to make sure stains got out.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 1:03 pm
If there it's a food/oil stain or you don't know what it is, be ready to work hard and use Dawn dish soap, since it breaks down oil, food and dirt. Treat it the same day.

Run the garment under water to get it fully wet. Lay it flat in a clean basin. Put some Dawn dish soap on the palms of your hands and spread and rub the soap into the stains. Let sit 15 minutes. Scrub at the stain with a soft cleaning toothbrush. Add some more Dawn (not directly on fabric - rub together on palms and the rub into stain). Let sit another 15 minutes and scrub. Run garment under water again and re-treat. Let sit overnight laying flat in the clean basin (garment should be wet enough to stay wet throughout).
Scrub out stains with a soft cleaning toothbrush in the AM. Rinse and check to make sure stain is out, otherwise start again and treat for another day.
Once stain is out, rinse soap out completely (suds hurt HE washing machines). Then put the wet shirt into the washing machine and wash as usual.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Aug 30 2022, 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total

HakolTov

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 7:48 pm
[quote="ra_mom"]Best way to deal with stains are to spray the stains with Zout immediately when you take off the clothes, before they go into the hamper. Allow that to sit for a few days before you launder. This won't work if not sprayed right away. Check if stains came out before drying. Do not put any clothes in the dryer that had stains. Hang to dry and then check to make sure stains got out.[/quote
Interesting since I have zout and I haven't had always the best luck of it.
When you mean right away, could that be stain happens in morning and I apply it at night or do you mean literally right after stain happens?

HakolTov

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 7:49 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If there is a stain that doesn't come out and you don't know what it is, be ready to work hard and use Dawn dish soap, since it breaks down oil, food and dirt.

Run the garment under water to get it fully wet. Lay it flat in a clean basin. Put some Dawn dish soap on the palms of your hands and spread and rub the soap into the stains. Let sit 15 minutes. Scrub at the stain with a soft cleaning toothbrush. Add some more Dawn (not directly on fabric - rub together on palms and the rub into stain). Let sit another 15 minutes and scrub. Run garment under water again and re-treat. Let sit overnight laying flat in the clean basin (garment should be wet enough to stay wet throughout).
Scrub out stains with a soft cleaning toothbrush in the AM. Rinse and check to make sure stain is out, otherwise start again and treat for another day.
Once stain is out, rinse soap out completely (suds hurt HE washing machines). Then put the wet shirt into the washing machine and wash as usual.

Does it specifically have to be dawn or do you think Palmolive also works?

Genius

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 8:36 pm
I like the Superio company Sparkle spray with a brush. It has taken out every stain this summer. I wish they would pay me commission because I'm really impressed with it and am not shy about it.

HakolTov

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 8:43 pm
Genius wrote:
I like the Superio company Sparkle spray with a brush. It has taken out every stain this summer. I wish they would pay me commission because I'm really impressed with it and am not shy about it.

And do you always let it soak overnight or spray it right away?

I have so many sprays that this is one of my many lol

Genius

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 9:39 pm
vrichards wrote:
And do you always let it soak overnight or spray it right away?

I have so many sprays that this is one of my many lol

I follow the instructions. Spray the stain, scrub the stain to loosen the dirt and start the load after about 5 min. It explicitly says not to let it dry completely.

HakolTov

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 10:13 pm
Genius wrote:
I follow the instructions. Spray the stain, scrub the stain to loosen the dirt and start the load after about 5 min. It explicitly says not to let it dry completely.

Ok thanks!

HakolTov

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 12:02 am
UPDATE:
So for set in stains such as Leben and BM after child leaked, both the superior stain and zout didn't work. Maybe I just don't have the luck. The magic was actually soaking the garments overnight in oxiclean powder and washing it with oxiclean.

Leben stains are really hard to get out of jot washed immediately. It's pretty faded but still present so if anyone has any other ideas of how to get it out, it would be much appreciated.

anon12

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 12:23 am
Someone recommended the de solve it stain remover on a different thread and I bought it for a dress that had dye on it. It actually worked! I'm so grateful

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006.....tails

HakolTov

Post Tue, Aug 30 2022, 8:22 am
anon12 wrote:
Someone recommended the de solve it stain remover on a different thread and I bought it for a dress that had dye on it. It actually worked! I'm so grateful

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006.....tails

I literally just bought it and used it on a couple of items. Not one stain budged.

Maybe I did something wrong 🤔
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry