Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Inspiration for the Nation - Aliza Bulow

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 7:59 pm
I was so inspired by this that I just have to share. I'm still processing all the millions of lessons and thoughts and ideas I can get from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj3Wlt9LUgo

Einikel

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 8:09 pm
Yes! I was blown away!! What an amazing person!

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 10:16 pm
Thank you!

After the fast and beyond exhausted but HAD to listen in its entirety!

Just wow…

crystal

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:29 pm
What an incredible person! Thanks OP for posting!

watergirl

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:34 pm
I thought this was an absolutely incredible interview and very inspiring. There is a trigger warning at the beginning of the episode, but it deserves another trigger warning in this thread before anybody is tempted - major suicide talk on the episode.

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:40 pm
Was amazing

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 3:00 pm
I have been thinking about this episode non stop since Sunday. Every word out of her mouth was another lesson for life.

mommyhood

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 4:29 pm
It was fantastic! I didn’t feel like that much time passed at all. Dh also listened and we both were so inspired.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 6:01 pm
Her infectious joy even with the tragedies she's endured is mind blowing. I've been in a bit of an emotional run even though my life is very blessed and this episode was the kick in the pants that I needed to cheer up and appreciate how lucky I am.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 6:05 pm
I also listened on tisha bav and was blown away, more than any other interview. What touched me the most is her loving relationship with her husband despite their differences.
Also, core is huge. I feel that I am sorely lacking meaningful inspiration in my life and I have way way way to much materialism in my life and I’d love a group of five women to meet up with and shmooze!

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:22 pm
watergirl wrote:
I thought this was an absolutely incredible interview and very inspiring. There is a trigger warning at the beginning of the episode, but it deserves another trigger warning in this thread before anybody is tempted - major suicide talk on the episode.
I wish they’d put out an edited one too. I heard her describe an interaction with her son in the intro and it was so triggering I had to shut it off.
But I’m sure I could hear an edited version without the details and be ok. Sad I’d love to have gained chizzuj and feel like I missed out. Feels ironic bec I could probably specifically gain from someone who went though something like this but how they gave the details deters me from listening.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 8:47 pm
She was incredible but it pained me to hear how she kind of laughed off her sons death
Can't find words to explain it
Maybe unfortunately suicide is too close to my heart

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 8:52 pm
amother [ Cinnamon ] wrote:
She was incredible but it pained me to hear how she kind of laughed off her sons death

She definitely didn’t laugh it off.
She clearly said that holding on to the grief does not mean you are holding on to the person. She said she misses him very much but she pushed herself to keep going.

out-of-towner

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 8:58 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
She definitely didn’t laugh it off.
She clearly said that holding on to the grief does not mean you are holding on to the person. She said she misses him very much but she pushed herself to keep going.

This. Also her son's death happened a good few years ago, I believe between 5 and 10 years ago. Time dulls wounds. Just because she is matter of fact and finding the humor in it (black humor is a real thing, and is often a positive coping mechanism) doesn't mean that she is pained by it.

Also she is an intellectual. She sees things on an intellectual level. I have heard her speak a few times prior to this. It's how her brain works, and it's how she got where she needs to be. And she understood that this would unfortunately probably happen if things didn't miraculously change.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:21 pm

I know what she means. She was joking about discussing the different methods of suicide. I felt that was uncomfortable to watch and maybe a little inappropriate. Not judging her just saying it was uncomfortable for me

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:55 pm
I also noticed that. I have this embarrassing habit of laughing when things are really sad or intense or embarrassing for me. Could be something like that!

Also, generally everyone really has different ways of coping. She clearly has and had a lot of love for him.

Einikel

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:01 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I also listened on tisha bav and was blown away, more than any other interview. What touched me the most is her loving relationship with her husband despite their differences.
Also, core is huge. I feel that I am sorely lacking meaningful inspiration in my life and I have way way way to much materialism in my life and I’d love a group of five women to meet up with and shmooze!

Totally Agee with you about Core!

Petra

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 8:49 am

It is an absurd conversation to have. Absurd for a child to have with a parent. Yet at the same time she acknowledged that it was a struggle for this son since that age of 5! She didn’t laugh it off. I didn’t take it that way.

I thought it was a very real, refreshing, unpretentious interview.

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 11:46 am
I have no life experience with anything she went through but I'm a mother and I couldn't listen past a certain point.
There was something so matter of fact about the way she talked about her son's suicide in a perfectly modulated, even-toned voice. It's not that I have the slightest doubt she mourned the loss. I'm sure she did and I'm sure she still does but for me personally it was too hard to hear.
I'm in awe of her and of everyone here who was able to be inspired.

rmbg

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 11:51 am
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
I have no life experience with anything she went through but I'm a mother and I couldn't listen past a certain point.
There was something so matter of fact about the way she talked about her son's suicide in a perfectly modulated, even-toned voice. It's not that I have the slightest doubt she mourned the loss. I'm sure she did and I'm sure she still does but for me personally it was too hard to hear.
I'm in awe of her and of everyone here who was able to be inspired.

This Is something she’s been dealing with for a long time. She has learned how to talk about it. She wasn’t put on the spot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational