Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kennywood park, pa

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:19 pm
Has anyone been here? The more recent reviews are more negative than positive. We based our trip on this, but only now realizing the place we are staying is an hour away. We want it to be a worthwhile trip if driving that far after our driving from home the day before. With a car ful of kids BH.

If you know the area, we will be staying at Evan City iyh, anything interesting or fun up to 45 minutes away? For kids and adults.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:28 pm
Oh a blast from the past LOL

I grew up in Pittsburgh, Kennywood was a really fun full day amusement park trip. But it's not six flags, it's smaller, a little lamer, I haven't been there in years though so I don't know what things are like now

amother
NeonYellow

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:56 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Oh a blast from the past LOL

I grew up in Pittsburgh, Kennywood was a really fun full day amusement park trip. But it's not six flags, it's smaller, a little lamer, I haven't been there in years though so I don't know what things are like now

Hello fellow Pittsburgher!! I also grew up in Pittsburgh and was going to post that kennywood is a small amusement park that we were happy with as kids!
There's plenty to do in Pittsburgh if you do go OP

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 12:11 am
amother [ NeonYellow ] wrote:
Hello fellow Pittsburgher!! I also grew up in Pittsburgh and was going to post that kennywood is a small amusement park that we were happy with as kids!
There's plenty to do in Pittsburgh if you do go OP

The negative reviews are mainly adults who had been there as kids and loved but are disappointed now. So I was hoping someone has been there recently.

What unique things are in Pittsburgh? For kids. Something fun and enjoyable.
Thanks

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The negative reviews are mainly adults who had been there as kids and loved but are disappointed now. So I was hoping someone has been there recently.

What unique things are in Pittsburgh? For kids. Something fun and enjoyable.
Thanks

Makes sense. Once I went to other amusement parks when I was older, kennywood didn't seem as exciting. But it was perfect as kids.
There's an amazing zoo and aquarium there.
The incline is nice and you could go to the point and rent bikes/boating in the same area.
The children's museum is great for little kids, the carnegie science center is exciting too.
The heinz factory might have tours
I'll try to think of more, I haven't been there in a decade
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics