Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Would you bring a young toddler to a baseball game?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 10:05 pm
Around 16 months old?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 10:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Around 16 months old?

I probably wouldn't. My toddlers get antsy and wouldn't be happy to sit in one place for a long time, I would end up spending the game chasing them around the stadium

mushkamothers

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 10:15 pm
If I wanted to actually watch the game.. probably not. Bc they wouldn't sit still, they'd want to run around the seats, it can get really loud and overstimulating (when it's not boring lol)

Disclaimer I've only ever been to one baseball game in my life LOL

like anything else with toddlers, you can absolutely plan for success. Bring lots of snacks, be ready and willing to take breaks or walk up and down the steps too much, have zero expectations overall

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 10:26 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
If I wanted to actually watch the game.. probably not. Bc they wouldn't sit still, they'd want to run around the seats, it can get really loud and overstimulating (when it's not boring lol)

Disclaimer I've only ever been to one baseball game in my life LOL

like anything else with toddlers, you can absolutely plan for success. Bring lots of snacks, be ready and willing to take breaks or walk up and down the steps too much, have zero expectations overall

Sounds like a plan… I like the snacks idea.
Anyone else ever done it and has tips? I really want to make it work somehow.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 10:37 pm
No way. But I wouldn’t go either, I’d find it boring AF

That said I wouldn’t take a baby that age to anything he’d need to sit still for that long my for except for a flight!!

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 10:44 pm
I actually think this is probably the worst age to bring. Same for air travel.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 10:46 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I actually think this is probably the worst age to bring. Same for air travel.

Why? Can you expound on that?

amother
Ballota

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 10:47 pm
Keep your seat location in mind and be aware you may be constantly walking past people who need to shift to let you through. Stadiums can be quite tight, and unless you are right next to an aisle it's not really fair to keep climbing over people and blocking their view.

amother
Lightblue

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 10:48 pm
My father was taking me to ballgames since I was small enough to be in a carrier, and brought me as a toddler (though I obviously don't remember). I don't know how he did it, honestly. I only took my kids starting around age 5. I want to enjoy the game, not be chasing after a kid! But my father did it, so I guess it can be done, and can be enjoyable 🤷‍♀️ I should probably ask him.

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 10:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why? Can you expound on that?

IME younger kids are more likely to be content being held, as long as there's some distraction. Older kids are more likely to be able to sit, as long as there's some distraction. This age just wants to go, go, go.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 10:50 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
IME younger kids are more likely to be content being held, as long as there's some distraction. Older kids are more likely to be able to sit, as long as there's some distraction. This age just wants to go, go, go.

True Crying I so badly want to go and not have my toddler stop me from enjoying life.
I guess I’ll have to rethink it.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 10:50 pm
amother [ Lightblue ] wrote:
My father was taking me to ballgames since I was small enough to be in a carrier, and brought me as a toddler (though I obviously don't remember). I don't know how he did it, honestly. I only took my kids starting around age 5. I want to enjoy the game, not be chasing after a kid! But my father did it, so I guess it can be done, and can be enjoyable 🤷‍♀️ I should probably ask him.

Please ask him and get back to us!

amother
Seablue

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 11:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
True Crying I so badly want to go and not have my toddler stop me from enjoying life.

You can't take him to a sitter?

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 11:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

This is a very temporary stage. If you can't get a babysitter, you can go in a year or two. Toddlers generally bring a lot of joy with them, much more than a baseball game Wink

zaq

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 11:11 pm
To what purpose? To bore the kid to death?

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 12:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Why not get a babysitter?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 12:30 am
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
Why not get a babysitter?

I live in Flatbush and all the girls I usually ask are away Banging head

rachelli66

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 12:35 am
I loved Baseball as a child! I really don't understand how families bring children to games. Between the prices, and not enjoying the game. If you're going to pass time, I could think of better places to go with a child. Malls, they have AC, you can let the little one run around, get a drink, and maybe there are gymboree's in the mall for that age.

Camelback

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 9:10 am
I wouldn't. In general, I would avoid bringing children to a crowded sports event or big assemblies, since I feel that such places are not safe for children in general.

Little league baseball - no problem.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 11:33 am
Sounds like a nightmare to me. Maybe you can swap with another family, you watch their kid one night and they watch yours while you go to the game.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics