Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How to dress baby

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 12:43 pm
Ftm here and baby is starting daycare in a couple of weeks and will be 3 months. What do I dress baby in now and for each season? Been mainly at home and usually has a short sleeve onsie with footsie pjs on top

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 12:48 pm
I like a onesie and soft pants or leggings for infants. Sometimes a shirt over the onesie, which looks 'nicer.' I want to optimize comfort and freedom of movement.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 12:50 pm
When do I use short sleeve onsie vs long sleeve?

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 12:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I think that's basically seasonal as with older children.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 12:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Summer is short sleeve onesie with leggings or shorts
When it gets slightly cooler you can do long sleeve onesie with leggings
When it gets very cold you can do long sleeve shirt, leggings, and short sleeve onesie underneath.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 12:55 pm
You have to consider the temperature inside the day care. If they tend to keep it very warm, make sure not to overdress the baby, even if it's cold outside. If it's cold you will need more layers.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 1:03 pm
At that age, I would do short sleeve onesie and a stretchie. Very practical. I never use long sleeve onesie.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 1:06 pm
Funny because I like the long sleeve onesies. I’m always nervous with the AC on that the baby will be cold. I assume that the daycare teachers will keep the temp cool because it’s hard work! Highly unlikely for baby to be hot. My 8 month old has been in thin cotton long sleeve tops and bottoms (or footsies) all summer. Only use rompers or short sleeves when I know we’ll be spending time outdoors and it’s hot.I always cringe when I see babies that are dressed practically naked in cold groceries especially near the fridge sections and the moms are fully clothed

Edited to clarify that I don’t mean a long sleeve onesie under a long sleeve stretchie or outfit. I meant that the long sleeve onesie is the outfit (like it has a design and paired with pants) If I’m giving a stretch I Would put a short sleeve onesie under
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics