Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
5 towns girls schools

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 5:11 pm
Gd willing we will be moving after YT. It’s a very last minute thing…anyway I would love to know where you send your elementary age girls and if you’re happy. My first choice is Tag but I know they are busting at the seams
What other schools would be the right fit
For reference she’s coming from Prospect Park, bh academic and bright
Tia

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 5:16 pm
There aren’t tons of options.. ateres Miriam, and shulamit. Bby but will be impossible to get into u see these circumstances

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 8:37 pm
Apply to others as a backup plan but try TAG too because you never know, maybe they'll have a spot for you, it often depends on the class/grade. Seems very aligned to Prospect Park so it would be a nice lateral move for you and if she's academic and bright then maybe they'll want her enough to make a spot.

BBY is really literally bursting at the seams from what I hear. They have smaller seams.

Ateres Miriam is more of a growing school so they will be happy to take you if you don't get into the others.

I dont know anything about Shulamit.

I'm assuming that if you're coming from PP and looking into TAG you probably aren't looking for the more modern options like HALB and HAFTR.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 11:17 pm
BBY is nearly impossible to get into after preschool age because they are literally out of space. They really are bursting at the seams. No matter how perfect a fit you are for the school, they just don't have space.

TAG is definitely hard to get into after preschool age, but if you're the right fit for the school, you can probably get into TAG if you push hard enough. They have more available space.

Ateres Miriam is easier to get into than the other two I mentioned, because their classes are a little less full, so they have some space.

I don't know much about Shulamit, but that's another good option. Definitely worth looking into.

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 11:39 pm
Tag is moving to the right of Ppy. There’s a new school in town but only up to pre1a - bais yakov of the five towns that will be like the “old tag”
Definitely try shulamith.

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 12:07 am
amother Tuberose wrote:
Tag is moving to the right of Ppy. There’s a new school in town but only up to pre1a - bais yakov of the five towns that will be like the “old tag”
Definitely try shulamith.

I personally don't find TAG to be moving in any direction, right or left. It's a huge mix. It's undefined. There's a whole range of types in TAG.

Maybe it's been changing gradually over the years? I've only been a TAG parent for 5 years or so.....

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 12:15 am
amother Brickred wrote:
I personally don't find TAG to be moving in any direction, right or left. It's a huge mix. It's undefined. There's a whole range of types in TAG.

Maybe it's been changing gradually over the years? I've only been a TAG parent for 5 years or so.....

My girls are 10 years apart and my younger one is in the preschool now. It is a completely different school then when my high school was there. Ask anyone who’s been here a while. It most definitely is moving to the right.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 4:25 am
amother Tuberose wrote:
My girls are 10 years apart and my younger one is in the preschool now. It is a completely different school then when my high school was there. Ask anyone who’s been here a while. It most definitely is moving to the right.

Definitely, I graduated 6 years ago after being in TAG from preschool and on, and the change was starting in my last couple of years.

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 9:01 am
I don’t agree the shift in tag is about moving to the right. It’s a shift in who runs the schools and departments and it’s going downhill under the new people unfortunately.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 9:35 am
amother Impatiens wrote:
I don’t agree the shift in tag is about moving to the right. It’s a shift in who runs the schools and departments and it’s going downhill under the new people unfortunately.

I disagree.
My experience has been only positive with the new administration. (It was only positive with the old administration too!) I have found them to be attentive and caring. It took time to connect which is understandable as the school is large but were always, and still are, so receptive to me each time I reached out. Over the past few months I’ve had two meetings with the same administrator both lasting over 45 minutes and only felt compassion and a desire to help my daughter from them.
In terms of the school shifting to the right, I am not sure. I have a lot of girls, some graduated and I always felt the majority of the grade had the same hashkafos and values as us. In every school there are those to the right and left of you. I never understood all the drama about TAG having such a varied population. There were always a few shockers in each grade but I find you have that in every school in this neighborhood.
Signed,
A Happy TAG Parent
(With some girls who have an easy time in school and some who really struggle and some girls who are eidel and yeshivish and some who are a bit more colorful. )

Chayalle

Post Thu, Aug 25 2022, 9:42 am
Well, my niece went to Prospect, and her beautiful DD's go to Tag (and her son is in Darchei). I'm pretty sure she's happy with the school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating