Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Nice restaurant in Monsey

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 8:36 am
Hi Monsey Ima’s,
Which are the nice restaurants in Monsey? Will be there for a few days and would love one really nice (think romantic dinner) kind of place, as well as other regular options.
TIA!

essie14

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 8:39 am
Fireside is the best

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 8:55 am
Dolcetto. It's new and really beautiful

https://www.dolcettokosher.com/

amother
Candycane

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 9:03 am
Peppercrust is delicious and very upscale.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 9:24 am
Personally I like the ridge the best. Great food, always great and friendly waitstaff. Also usually a more calm atmosphere than fireside, better ambiance in my opinion

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 9:52 am
Thank you all so much!
Can you also tell me what are the less fancy places for a regular lunch or dinner, as well as some dairy options?
Thanks again!

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 9:55 am
Primevera, randevouz, hava Java (dairy)
Mandarin (meat)

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 3:01 pm
All the above mentioned are really nice upscale places. Dolcetto is definitely more upscale and pricier than the rest. The Ridge would be my second choice.

For everyday brunch Primavera is a nicer choice with waiter service. Al Di La Pizzeria & Bistro also a bit nicer.
Dairy
Shelly's in town Square has a great variety and less pricey .Slice n Spice (pizza) Yoffee Coffee, Manche Pani and Ritas Ice cream.

Meat low key places there is Kosher Castle, BBQ 306, le Brick (great schwarma) Manderine (asian)
Enjoy!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 3:05 pm
Thank you all for your responses! You have been so helpful!!

Not_in_my_town

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 3:06 pm
I also vote for the Ridge for a nice dinner.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 8:08 pm
Personally peppercrust.
My hard to please husband was impressed with portion size, taste of food and service. Plus they have alcohol lol.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 8:19 pm
I like best Fireside with Peppercrust in good competition.

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 9:28 pm
Peppercrust is very nice

rdmom

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 9:30 pm
DOLCETTO was delicious. Was there once and can’t wait to go again. DOLCETTO steak is a MUST

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 9:44 pm
I don’t know if budget is at all a consideration. Fireside is upscale, delicious and less expensive than dolcetto.

We are bh comfortable and go out often but we’re a bit taken aback by dolcettos pricing for the experience. We’ve paid the same prices for super high end top of the line in the city and the like but this was not that.

Eta - fireside is more noisy most nights and fun but you can still carry a conversation. Dolcetto and pepper crust are a bit more quiet romantic candlelight type. That being said dolcetto is a very small room so even tho the vibe was there it’s not really. There was a manager or owner that stood at the table one over talking loudly for 20+ minutes. A rowdy group of women. I don’t mind any of this but that’s something to be prepared for.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 9:52 pm
Primavera is a must of dairy brunch or lunch!
Peppercrust and fireside for dinner.

outoftownmama

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 10:31 pm
My go-tos are Primavera for lunch (my favorites are the caprese bruschetta, gnocchi and churros) all their pastas are delicious and fireside for dinner. I just request to be seated in the restaurant itself and not across the hall where they extended and it has a cellar kind of feel… to loud, large and overwhelming to enjoy my meal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries