Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Petting zoo in or near monsey

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 1:46 am
Looking for a decent size petting zoo or any zoo to go to in or within 20 min drive from Monsey for my toddlers.

TIA.

ez-pass

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 2:12 am
West maple farms is a lot of fun and perfect for toddlers.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 9:05 am
ez-pass wrote:
West maple farms is a lot of fun and perfect for toddlers.

Great.
Thank you!

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 9:08 am
Took my 11 year old and he loved it.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 9:09 am
Nickel O Farms is about 10 minute drive from main Monsey and there's more to do there than at West Maple.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 9:36 am
amother Ruby wrote:
Nickel O Farms is about 10 minute drive from main Monsey and there's more to do there than at West Maple.

Just curious when you last went there...
When I click on nickel-o-farms petting zoo option on their website, they brought me to west Maple farm page lol

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 9:39 am
amother OP wrote:
Just curious when you last went there...
When I click on nickel-o-farms petting zoo option on their website, they brought me to west Maple farm page lol

I'm not sure if this is true but I heard they are bringing all the animals from Nickel O to West maple. The same people own both farms

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 9:41 am
Just to clarify. west Maple Farm is great. You get to feed the animals and pet them, but you can't go into a pen with the animals. Like you can't hold bunnies or baby goat...
They also have a great playground and picnic tables, my kids love that place.

I went few years back to nickle o farm and was amazing experience as well. At that point they let my kids go into the chicken coupe. They held the chickens. Also the bunnies. I heard that they stopped it since, not sure...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:18 am
amother Gray wrote:
I'm not sure if this is true but I heard they are bringing all the animals from Nickel O to West maple. The same people own both farms

So that would explain it...
Did anyone go to nickel-o-farm recently and can confirm?

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:32 am
amother OP wrote:
So that would explain it...
Did anyone go to nickel-o-farm recently and can confirm?

Its very clear on the website that the petting zoo is closed and has been moved to West Maple farms. My son noticed that the cow chair is the same as nickelo stables farm too.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:39 am
amother Yellow wrote:
Its very clear on the website that the petting zoo is closed and has been moved to West Maple farms. My son noticed that the cow chair is the same as nickelo stables farm too.

Ok, great. Thanks!

monseymom25

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 11:48 am
You can also feed and pet animals at Abma’s farm and Demarest farm. Both are 15-20 minutes away, depending where you are in Monsey. They are small and good for little kids, with a farm store to buy food. Demarest has a nice playground area.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:17 pm
monseymom25 wrote:
You can also feed and pet animals at Abma’s farm and Demarest farm. Both are 15-20 minutes away, depending where you are in Monsey. They are small and good for little kids, with a farm store to buy food. Demarest has a nice playground area.

Sorry ETA that they both have official petting zoo on their websites. How would you compare them to west maple?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 12:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
Sorry ETA that they both have official petting zoo on their websites. How would you compare them to west maple?

Bump

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 12:48 pm
monseymom25 wrote:

Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics