Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Reasonably priced Organic Produce in or nr Lakewood?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:15 am
Where would I find reasonably priced Organic Produce in or nr Lakewood?

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:26 am
I know this isn’t your question, but noting at least to others—the level of infestation in organic produce is significant.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:29 am
amother Puce wrote:
I know this isn’t your question, but noting at least to others—the level of infestation in organic produce is significant.

1. Ive been checking for years with a thrip cloth, when I eat it plain.

2. For smoothies Ive been told you dont have to check.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:02 pm
Are you looking for commercial Organic or Regenerative Organic?

For commercial I no Wal-mart sells it I don't buy it so I can't tell you the prices.

There is a farm stand on on Whiteville off E. Veterans Hwy in Jackson I think they do Regenerative farming, don't take my word you will have to ask

There are farm stands on Lakewood-Farmingadle rd in Howell again I don't know if they are Regenerative farming.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:05 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Are you looking for commercial Organic or Regenerative Organic?

Commercial is fine, thanks.

Do any of the kosher supermarkets sell commercial organic produce? I assume Bingo does, because they sell it in BP.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 12:47 am
Organic has a bad name in the Kosher market(at least in Lakewood) because people think
Organic=bugs

It is not always true, before the Green Revolution about 30% of the worlds crop was lost to bugs. Now thanks to the Green Revolution were we spray poison on the food only 30% of the worlds food crops are lost to bugs.

In California many baby lettuce are grown organic but, since the organic market is a limited market, the lettuce is also sold under a non-organic name. I used to have the list of Co. that were organic but were sold as non-organic. However I have not brought bagged lettuce in years, I tried to find the list but was not to successful(there is a reason it is confidential). There are other produce grown organic but sold under a non-organic label. I wish you luck in finding witch ones they are.

About local stores at one point Gormat Glatt sold a section of Organic, call them up and ask them if they still do. Call up Bingo and ask, if no one answers the phone go down there and find out.

Costco does sell organic, not sure of the prices.
Shop-rite has a month I think it is November were the organic stuff is the same price as non-organic
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries