Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Beis hachinuch- Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 1:34 am
Please explain . Previous reply didn't go through.

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:13 am
[quote="amother Hydrangea"]Please explain . Previous reply didn't go through.[/quote
Sorry... Bnos Penina I don't feel comfortable sending to based on the families I know that send there ( I know its not everyone) . For example I went to someone's house as they were about to start the Shabbos meal and they had full table of people. The cleaning help /kids Nanny was sitting ar the table feeding the kids in a sleevless and completely cut out top. That would never fly by us... Bnos Bracha I don't know much about. It's with that school that someone told ne her daughter gets comments but I'm open to hear more....

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:31 am
Her daughter gets comments in bnos bracha in what way ? That she's heimish?

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:33 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Her daughter gets comments in bnos bracha in what way ? That she's heimish?

I guess or maybe that her father wears a shtreimel?
A stranger told me this so I don't know exact situation

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:35 am
Ok and if she gets a comment ?
There are a few heimish families that send so I guess they all get comments ? Are they treated less by the girls and staff?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:38 am
There are shtreimel families in almost every school today days. There are only about 5 heimish shtreimel wearing schools , excluding the real chassidish ones like klausenburg etc. How do u expect the neutral heimush families to go to only these schools when they don't even wana accept? And btw why is bnos penina diff then bybp? How many Russians, Israelis, bucharians, modern orthodox do you have in bybp? Some mothers go without socks and some girls wear short sleeves till 13.

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:48 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:
There are shtreimel families in almost every school today days. There are only about 5 heimish shtreimel wearing schools , excluding the real chassidish ones like klausenburg etc. How do u expect the neutral heimush families to go to only these schools when they don't even wana accept? And btw why is bnos penina diff then bybp? How many Russians, Israelis, bucharians, modern orthodox do you have in bybp? Some mothers go without socks and some girls wear short sleeves till 13.

Modern orthodox in bybp?? I'm in the school alot because I pick up my kids what are you talking about? They mix classes several times so I got to know most of the grade. I probably can count on one hand girls that would wear short sleeves in 4th grade...

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:53 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:

Why don't they want to accept the nutral?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:57 am
Ok and I have been and bybp and bnos penina and it's the same minority in bnos penina that dress that way as in bybp. It's just that bnos penina Is a small school so it's singled out vs bybp where that one or 2 families gets lost in the crowd. And bnos bracha is a fantastic school. VERY warm. I have first hand experience with them. They are open to heimush families as long as they are frum and not running away from anything . It's a very down to earth out of town school, great chinuch and instill a love for yiddishkeit in the girls. But if you want to gi to a school with more heimish families, then bnos penina. Bais hachinuch is a great school but it's not a bais yaakov school. If you want to send to a chassidish school then it's amazing. I'm in the teaching line so I have first hand experience with lots of the schools. The older grades in bais hachinuch are more withit then the younger grades. I have seen the older classes parents and younger classes.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 11:02 am
amother Seablue wrote:
Why don't they want to accept the nutral?

I didn't say they don't want to accept, but they are full and and no room , also lots of them like bais rochel, bnos hadassah, tiferes chaya are looking for a certain type of neutral. More like very frum I would say? Bnos hadassah is more ritzy but bais rochel and tiferes chaya is like a stolin crowd maybe ? There's also bais bracha stolin that opened up I think they only have untill 1st grade. Also lots of heimish neutral just don't fit these schools. The parents dress more trendy or they don't want to put tights on their daughters etc. So they end up in bnos penina or any regular litvish bais yaakov in lakewood.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 11:05 am
amother Seablue wrote:
Modern orthodox in bybp?? I'm in the school alot because I pick up my kids what are you talking about? They mix classes several times so I got to know most of the grade. I probably can count on one hand girls that would wear short sleeves in 4th grade...

Btw there are absolutely no modern orthodox in bnos penina. It's more like very withit chassidish that don't care about tznius as much. Very cool parents. But there are amazing very frum nice families there . It's a great school. It's a shame that ppl have such a bad eye on it.

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 11:29 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Ok and I have been and bybp and bnos penina and it's the same minority in bnos penina that dress that way as in bybp. It's just that bnos penina Is a small school so it's singled out vs bybp where that one or 2 families gets lost in the crowd. And bnos bracha is a fantastic school. VERY warm. I have first hand experience with them. They are open to heimush families as long as they are frum and not running away from anything . It's a very down to earth out of town school, great chinuch and instill a love for yiddishkeit in the girls. But if you want to gi to a school with more heimish families, then bnos penina. Bais hachinuch is a great school but it's not a bais yaakov school. If you want to send to a chassidish school then it's amazing. I'm in the teaching line so I have first hand experience with lots of the schools. The older grades in bais hachinuch are more withit then the younger grades. I have seen the older classes parents and younger classes.

Is it as easy to get into Bnos Brocha as Bais Hachinuch? I don't know if I especially want a chasidish school, but they are willing to acxept I don't really know the difference.
Is it all about tights? Are the girls expected to wear tights in Day Camp too?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 11:31 am
I don't know u as a family so it's hard to say. But most bais hachinuch girls do not wear tights out of school. They attend regular bais yaakov day camps. They learn and teach in yiddish , chassidish havara. I would very much compare to vien in boro park.

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 11:33 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Btw there are absolutely no modern orthodox in bnos penina. It's more like very withit chassidish that don't care about tznius as much. Very cool parents. But there are amazing very frum nice families there . It's a great school. It's a shame that ppl have such a bad eye on it.

exactly... and they ruin it for the good ones...

amother
Daphne

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 11:35 am
So confused by all your posts
You want chassidish , send to bais hachinuch easy to get into, very simple ppl, no pressure academically or socially, they definitely speak yiddish there,most of the girls go to bnos binas daycamp....

I send to bnos penina, amazing school, principal is very involved, my girls are very happy there, I would send there again If I would be moving there.

amother
Candycane

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 11:50 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:
I don't know u as a family so it's hard to say. But most bais hachinuch girls do not wear tights out of school. They attend regular bais yaakov day camps. They learn and teach in yiddish , chassidish havara. I would very much compare to vien in boro park.

A large percentage of Bais Hachinuch girls definitely wear tights out of school. Maybe pre school girls don't. (Like in every other chassidish school.) But many older girls definitely wear tights. Many girls come from real frum chassidish families.
They go to chassidish daycamps.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 11:51 am
With school starting in 3 weeks , just send to wherever you got in. Good luck and it should be with Mazel!

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:06 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
With school starting in 3 weeks , just send to wherever you got in. Good luck and it should be with Mazel!

Ty! and tx for all the information

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 12:28 pm
Most girls from Bais hachinuch don’t go to bnos bina’s daycamp.
Some go to reg bais yakov daycamps as well.
Most girls speak English and Yiddish, with some not having a great Yiddish at all. They have a few bybp families there. If you’re ok with them learning in chassidish Yiddish And they are willing to accept you, you should be fine..

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Nov 08 2022, 5:46 pm
Is it hard to get in?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics