Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Dinner Done - is it healthy? Food you love -is it appealing?

seeker

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 2:48 pm
I keep hearing about this cookbook and how it has easy, simple, and very popular recipes. How is it healthwise? I try to be low carb, low sugar, and as much as possible whole grain. Do all the famous one-pan dinners involve pasta or potatoes?

I've also been seeing ads for "Food you love that loves you back" or something like that. So that sounds more health aligned but then I wonder if it's easy and family friendly. My family is not very enthusiastic about healthy eating so I need recipes that appeal to average americans and not too complicated.

Trying to figure out if I buy a cookbook what would be right for me. I have cookbooks that I don't use very much but I could really use a curated collection of meals that are both healthy and family friendly. NOT exotic.

scruffy

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 2:51 pm
Re Dinner Done: Healthy - not really. Most one pan does have pasta and potatoes. There are some healthier recipes (think salmon and veggies etc.)

happy7

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 2:56 pm
Food you love is healthy and family friendly. Be prepared to buy a lot of expensive ingredients.

seeker

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 3:05 pm
Yeah so to me expensive ingredients does not = family friendly. If I can't afford enough of it to feed a family and potentially guests, it'll be more of a sometimes thing. Thanks for the insight.

watergirl

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 3:10 pm
seeker wrote:
Yeah so to me expensive ingredients does not = family friendly. If I can't afford enough of it to feed a family and potentially guests, it'll be more of a sometimes thing. Thanks for the insight.

I like Dinner Done a lot. It is mostly quick and less bottled sauces than other quick and affordable cookbooks. It’s not the healthiest as written but every recipe and be adjusted to your preferences. One thing I appreciate it is that The cookbook calls for a lot of pantry staples and not items that I consider more specialty.

You can go to their website, most of the recipes are posted on there actually.

Java

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 3:26 pm
Wouldn't call it healthy. Much more quick and easy, kid friendly type.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics