Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos Bracha in Monsey: TIME SENSITIVE
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 8:03 pm
What is this school like? I understand that it is for children with academic/social issues. Any info will be much appreciated.

Mindfully

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 3:35 pm
Small school. Nothing can beat that!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 11:41 pm
Mindfully wrote:
Small school. Nothing can beat that!

Is this school, the right place for a girl with academic issues?

amother
Dill

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 12:21 am
seriously?! I thought that it was supposed to be like bais bracha in boro park

cocomelon

Post Thu, Mar 02 2023, 3:46 pm
I know that this was time sensitive but I have very strong feelings about this school where 2 of my children went. I can give any information that you still need.

I have a daughter and a son who were in the school for 7 years, and they told me everything there is to know. I’ll list the major points for anyone who’s inquiring.

Pros:
Small size, accommodating, less strict, etc.
Although I’d never recommend this school, here’s what my daughter has to say after a year and a half of high school.
“Bnos bracha may slightly neglect academics, but now that I’m in a larger, different school, I see the benefits. They taught students, starting as young as kindergarten, how to be self aware, how to identify and replace unwanted thoughts. They taught basic middos, especially bein Adam lachaveiro, which many schools fail to prioritize. The Jewish life and culture shouldn’t be about memorizing Chumash, but about applying the lessons to daily life. Bnos bracha played a major role in building the person who I am today. But that’s where the good part ends. I’m glad I went there, but I don’t think the pros outweigh the cons.”

Cons:
Very low academics. Bizarre punishments had a lasting effect on my two dc, as well as the experience as a whole. I’m paying ridiculous amounts of money just to undo the damage. Dd told me that she knows of at least 7 or 8 girls from her school who have gone OTD (which says a lot since the school is incredibly small).

Mindfully

Post Thu, Mar 02 2023, 5:05 pm
Before anything else is said, ARE THERE TWO SCHOOLS IN MONSEY WITH SAME NAME?
The Bnos Brocho referred here is run by who??? Lets identify it.

There is a new school opened this year, run by Stolin, and I think it is called Bnos Brocho also.

Mindfully

Post Thu, Mar 02 2023, 5:06 pm
Can you give me an example of the bizarre punishments?

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Mar 02 2023, 6:10 pm
Mindfully wrote:
Before anything else is said, ARE THERE TWO SCHOOLS IN MONSEY WITH SAME NAME?
The Bnos Brocho referred here is run by who??? Lets identify it.

There is a new school opened this year, run by Stolin, and I think it is called Bnos Brocho also.

Stolin is called bais bracha not bnos Brocha

cocomelon

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 2:01 am
I’m not sure we’re referring to the same school. Bnos bracha isn’t old but it isn’t so new either.

cocomelon

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 2:10 am
One punishment had no specific purpose, just “general misbehavior”. My daughter sat in a chair in the corner of the kindergarten classroom for three full months. She’d help out occasionally, but mostly spent her time either facing the wall or hearing repetitive lectures of her “problems” from the principal. She wasn’t allowed to have contact with girls from her class, and she hadn’t been learning anything at all.

This was the start of the end. The situation was followed by many similar incidents, from 6th grade until the end of 8th. My daughter was not the same person when she came out.

amother
Mulberry

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 2:17 am
cocomelon wrote:
One punishment had no specific purpose, just “general misbehavior”. My daughter sat in a chair in the corner of the kindergarten classroom for three full months. She’d help out occasionally, but mostly spent her time either facing the wall or hearing repetitive lectures of her “problems” from the principal. She wasn’t allowed to have contact with girls from her class, and she hadn’t been learning anything at all.

This was the start of the end. The situation was followed by many similar incidents, from 6th grade until the end of 8th. My daughter was not the same person when she came out.

That's horrible, I'm so sorry your daughter went through that, the school should be shut down.
I've learnt a lot as a parent and now when my kid tells me about things that happen in school I'll take action much quicker. Last year after learning about some things my child's Rebbe said and did to other kids I kept him home from school. I got some other parents involved They ended up firing the Rebbe.
This school should be shut down.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 2:28 am
cocomelon wrote:

That is HORRIBLE! Did you know about this while it was going on? How did this go on for three months! Even one day is torture.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 8:36 am
This year my son had a 72 year old rebbe, he was abusive from day one. My son is 4th grade and bh I never had any problems w him, suddenly the teacher saw adhd, autism, add, learning disabilities, and teacher also hit him w a stick( my hub happened to drop off my son's missing siddur and saw from the window the rebbe hitting him, hewas so shocked that he just went into the car to regulate himself so he wont explode in public at this rebbe ) he confronted the rebbe that night and the rebbe denied the hitting. When my hub told him he saw from the window the teacher started badmouthing my son. Mind you, the principal said this is the best rebbe. The next day that teacher told my son I will hit you as much as I want , ur father thinks he will control me. To make a very long and painful story short , where the teacher kept bullying and name calling him publicly, and emotional abuse beyond imagination, my son was home for around 2 weeks till the cheder finally agreed to switch him class. Of coarse they told me it never happened before w this teacher( although another parent called me up and said her son is miserable and asked how I succeeded to get him into a different class)

amother
Buttercup

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 8:39 am
cocomelon wrote:

Which grade was she in, when she sat in the kindergarten classroom for 3 months?

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 8:40 am
This is horrific! Why is this school still in existence? Where are the parents? Why are your kids still in the school?
Is it a mainstream school or special ed? Girls & Boys?

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 8:48 am
amother Dill wrote:
seriously?! I thought that it was supposed to be like bais bracha in boro park

That's Bais Brocha. This is Bnos Brocha. 2 different schools.

Echinacea

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 10:11 am
Deleted

Last edited by Echinacea on Fri, Mar 03 2023, 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 10:14 am
cocomelon wrote:

This is crazy . This was done to me for one week when I was in kindergarten. I’m in my 40s. It still haunts me until this day. Every day felt like 3 months. I can’t believe your daughter was willing to go to school every day, knowing what she was facing . Absolutely awful. My heart goes out to her .

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 10:17 am
amother Aubergine wrote:
This is crazy . This was done to me for one week when I was in kindergarten. I’m in my 40s. It still haunts me until this day. Every day felt like 3 months. I can’t believe your daughter was willing to go to school every day, knowing what she was facing . Absolutely awful. My heart goes out to her .

I can't believe parents still send their children there knowing what goes on. They're part of the abuse.

amother
Hunter

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 10:32 am
cocomelon wrote:
I know that this was time sensitive but I have very strong feelings about this school where 2 of my children went. I can give any information that you still need.

I have a daughter and a son who were in the school for 7 years, and they told me everything there is to know. I’ll list the major points for anyone who’s inquiring.

Pros:
Small size, accommodating, less strict, etc.
Although I’d never recommend this school, here’s what my daughter has to say after a year and a half of high school.
“Bnos bracha may slightly neglect academics, but now that I’m in a larger, different school, I see the benefits. They taught students, starting as young as kindergarten, how to be self aware, how to identify and replace unwanted thoughts. They taught basic middos, especially bein Adam lachaveiro, which many schools fail to prioritize. The Jewish life and culture shouldn’t be about memorizing Chumash, but about applying the lessons to daily life. Bnos bracha played a major role in building the person who I am today. But that’s where the good part ends. I’m glad I went there, but I don’t think the pros outweigh the cons.”

Cons:
Very low academics. Bizarre punishments had a lasting effect on my two dc, as well as the experience as a whole. I’m paying ridiculous amounts of money just to undo the damage. Dd told me that she knows of at least 7 or 8 girls from her school who have gone OTD (which says a lot since the school is incredibly small).

Is this the litvishe school bnos bracha or the stolen school?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics