Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos bracha lakewood
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 6:23 pm
I'm thinking of schools to apply to for right after sukkos . I'm specifically looking for a low key mo pressure environment but with lots of simchas hachaim and warm nice people.
I come from a yeshivish family and I married my dh who is more heimish . Wears shtreimel on shabbos to respect his family's tradition. My boys are in a heimish lakewood yeshiva.
Would we feel comfortable if we were to send to bnoa bracha ? I know some parents that send there , some of my neighbors . They are litvish, out of town . We are great friends. They said I can try but they don't know anyone in the school that fathers wear shtreimel. This is my first daughter so I don't know how It works. They are not boys, why would it matter ? But I don't want to apply or send her if she would get bullied for it or not feel accepted. Anyway I would like to hear from some mothers here for a point of view. Thanks.

cupcake123

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 6:27 pm
What yeshiva are your boys in?
Bnos bracha is considered a very warm school.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 6:52 pm
Stolin . We are not stolin but we like the warmth . And they don't have chassidish havara which we didn't want either. I know my heimish school options but I'm specifically eyeing bnos bracha cuz of the lower academics and what I have seen from my neighbors that send there. I just want to know if it makes sense to apply or not at all.

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 7:26 pm
I send there and couldn’t be more thrilled. I’m not chassidish in the slightest but my daughter does have a chassidish girl in her class. Hasn’t made any difference this far. I think that the younger grades have a few chassidish girls as well.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 7:26 pm
Bnos Bracha sounds perfect for you. I don't think a shtreimel should be an issue.
(I don't send there, but from what I know of it, I have some relatives there...)

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 7:36 pm
Sounds like you would be really happy there. I know that a bunch of people with streimels just applied so I doubt you would stand out.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 8:26 pm
Great! Happy to hear that! I just love the values of the school and the no pressure. I will be applying iyh hope to get in.

chana28

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 4:39 pm
Hi
Can anyone fill me In more on this school
I would love a warm school with Hashkfa,and quality
What level is the academic today?
Thanks

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 9:55 am
Does anyone know who the owner of bnos bracha is?

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 9:59 am
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Does anyone know who the owner of bnos bracha is?

Shragy Zeldes I believe.

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 10:05 am
chana28 wrote:
Hi
Can anyone fill me In more on this school
I would love a warm school with Hashkfa,and quality
What level is the academic today?
Thanks

They had a really hard time keeping up during covid and following year (nice way of saying it Wink ) but now they're working on catching up with others schools. They're doing a pretty good job.
I'm not sure why they're constantly looking for new teachers (maybe they're not paying enough?)
For heimish poster, school is very much baleibatish! There's nobody heimish in 7th and 8th grade. Yeshivish families are a very small minority!
(I'm not against anyone, very nice ppl all around, just stating facts!)

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 10:14 am
amother Diamond wrote:
Shragy Zeldes I believe.

Does he have a say who gets in?

chana28

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 10:31 am
Thanks it’s appreciated, if I’m chassidish but open to a nice mixed warm environment and welcoming doesn’t need to be a chassidish school but balbatish as you said my kids would be acceptance by the kids? Is it a warm principle/ morahs atmosphere? Can you elaborate more on the academics? I don’t want a low scholastic, but not necessarily for a high either
The norm that’s out there
Did any of there kids from this school go to a high school yet or ? Can you compare this to a diff school please? Thanks loads

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 10:37 am
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Does he have a say who gets in?

Yes very much!

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 10:42 am
There are definitely chassidish background families in Bnos Brocha. Not a lot. But there most definitely are. The academics could be better, to put it nicely. The teachers are very yeshivish.

They have a high school Chedvas. It is run by Mrs Jaffe originally from Chicago. It is a wonderful, warm atmosphere that allows girls to be individuals. Can't praise it enough.

The 2 schools (elementary and high school) are very very different even though they were started by the same person.

chana28

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 11:19 am
Thanks for all info , huge help
What other school in Lakewood would you compare it to ? What is there highest grade? I’m seeing that scholastic can do better here but otherwise are things running smoothly or? Are you currently sending there ? How is the high school considered? Who is the principal?

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 11:25 am
How would you compare it to neemas Bais yaakov?
Bnos Devorah ?
Bais Tova is great, very large school no?
Anyone send there that can enlighten me

Last edited by amother on Mon, Nov 14 2022, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 12:24 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
Shragy Zeldes I believe.

Does know how to reach him

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 12:33 pm
I send to Bnos brocha and work in another very popular elementary school in Lakewood. From what I see, the academics are on par with each other. The Bnos Brocha way of doing things is imparting the knowledge in a way that the girls don’t even realize they are learning half the time. When my girls were in primary they learned the 50 states and capitals through a song. They know it till this day. I can’t say enough good about the school, we are so so thrilled there. If you want a place where your daughter is treated warmly, proud of her yiddishkeit, and loves Hashem and his mitzvos, Bnos Brocha is for you.

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 12:40 pm
I can't talk for other schools because all my girls went to bnos brocha.
The rumor is that it's on a lower level academically but my girls are learning a tremendous amount. They have a more intensive chumash class in 8th grade. The ones that went to high school had no problem keeping up. Beginning of 9th grade was a little hard but I think it's hard for everyone.
There are some things that bother me but it could be other things would bother me in other schools too!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics