Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Recommendation for Book about Autism for Teen with HFA

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 1:09 am
Hi, I have young teen with HFA and he is aware of his diagnosis. He also loves to read and reads at a high level.

I am looking for recommendations for reading material for him to read and learn more about HFA....something engaging and informative maybe even written specifically for this population and/or the general public. Not something written for parents/educators/therapists of kids with. I've heard mixed reviews on some of the autobiographies out there but open to hearing if those might be helpful/appropriate for a young teen.

I'd prefer a good book or two but would take reliable articles and websites he could explore.

imasinger

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 7:38 am
My kids liked this one:
The Asperkid's (Secret) Book of Social Rules, 10th Anniversary Edition: The Handbook of (Not-So-Obvious) Neurotypical Social Guidelines for Autistic Teens https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0.....JK627

Also, check out the literature here:
https://www.socialthinking.com.....ered.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 7:20 pm
Thanks! any other suggestions?

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 7:42 pm
Anything by Dr. Temple Grandin, but you'll need to screen for appropriateness.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)