Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
My dd talks of suicide (depression and anxiety and OCD)
Previous  1  2

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 10:45 am
OP, I'm so sorry. I agree with previous poster-your daughter needs both meds and therapy. Often psychiatrist will prescribe a cocktail of meds ; they may help more. If you have not gone to a top psychiatrist, try that now. For therapy, DBT can be a lifesaver for suicidal patients. Your dd is lucky to have such a caring mom. Hashem should help she should have a complete Refuah!

taketwo

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 10:54 am
Would she be more open minded to going to therapy with you? It may help her ease into the idea, then she can go on her own. Either way leaving things the way they are is not okay. You need therapy to help you be thr best mom you can be for her, and she needs therapy as well as meds.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 10:55 am
This in no way is to replace what the posters have written above, but also give her a big hug and tell her that you love her, no the world would not be better off without her, you want her here, other specific people who want her here, etc.
Also, just curious if it's in any way linked to her monthly cycle?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)