Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Ideas for post-surgery care package

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 5:08 am
A colleague of mine at work will be having bariatric surgery.

Any ideas for things I could put together for a post-surgery care package?

Obviously nothing food related.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 5:52 am
amother OP wrote:
A colleague of mine at work will be having bariatric surgery.

Any ideas for things I could put together for a post-surgery care package?

Obviously nothing food related.

A cozy blanket, fuzzy socks, a nice smelling candle or bath soaps

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 5:59 am
amother Black wrote:
A cozy blanket, fuzzy socks, a nice smelling candle or bath soaps

These are all nice ideas. Thank you.

singleagain

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 6:08 am
A dammit doll... This is the one I bought in 2017 for a friend who has surgery ... It's a random design

Dammit Doll - Classic Random Color, Stress Relief - Gag Gift - 1 Pack https://a.co/d/bDN77jC

In that order I also got a few adult coloring books, twistable pencils, a diffuser and scents.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 6:18 am
singleagain wrote:
A dammit doll... This is the one I bought in 2017 for a friend who has surgery ... It's a random design

Dammit Doll - Classic Random Color, Stress Relief - Gag Gift - 1 Pack https://a.co/d/bDN77jC

In that order I also got a few adult coloring books, twistable pencils, a diffuser and scents.

I don't have time to order anything because her last day is tomorrow. But thanks for the ideas. The gag doll is cute!

singleagain

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 6:21 am
amother OP wrote:
I don't have time to order anything because her last day is tomorrow. But thanks for the ideas. The gag doll is cute!

One if you order it now it looks like it'll get there tomorrow. I mean make sure but order it to your job

And does anybody live near her? Perhaps you can always send it after the fact

oodlesofnoodles

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 7:07 am
Shower wipes are a great gift-I just bought these for my friend who had ankle surgery and she loved them!
https://a.co/d/fLSz8eF

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 8:04 am
Ice/heating packs, either those with the blue gel that you can warm up or the disposable ones

Squish ball for stress

Body Lotion

Scar cream (?)

Adult coloring book and pencils

Jeanette

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 8:23 am
amother Pink wrote:
Ice/heating packs, either those with the blue gel that you can warm up or the disposable ones

Squish ball for stress

Body Lotion

Scar cream (?)

Adult coloring book and pencils

I like all these ideas because none of them is expensive in itself and you can easily throw together a nice package.

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 8:29 am
think of things your colleague will enjoy to keep busy when recovering at home. adult coloring, fidget toys, magazine, crossword puzzles, large puzzles (500+ pieces), deck of cards with a book of solitare games.

If it's someone you know personally and they have kids, schedule to take their kids for playdates, meals for the kids.

I actually had major surgery myself and while it wasn't bariatric I wasn't allowed to eat for 2 weeks before and 4 weeks after (clears only, and all sugar free) Crying and serving food to the kids was SO HARD!!! of all the things people did for me I wish someone had taken my kids to their house for dinner once in a while because I was so weak and hungry and felt so triggered by having to cook dish out and serve everyone else. I literally cried after meals in the bathroom because it was so emotionally difficult.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 9:13 am
I had a major surgery and wasn't allowed to eat for a while. I received plenty of gifts. And Although I probably didn't enjoy most of them at that point, the fact that people were thinking about me definitely lessened the pain. So whatever you'll get is fine. It's the thought behind it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics