Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Skirt hanger frustration!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 11:29 am
My skirts don't stay on the hanger. I have a small closet so things are a bit tight and when I take out one skirt 5 others fall to the floor. So frustrating. I tried a couple of diff types but apparently I need something stronger. Any recommendations of hangers that will have a super tight grip on my skirts? TIA

yiddishmom

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 11:31 am
I don't have recommendations regarding a strong grip. But maybe try one of those space saving hangers, it might help: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T.....ss_tl

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 11:35 am
yiddishmom wrote:
I don't have recommendations regarding a strong grip. But maybe try one of those space saving hangers, it might help: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T.....ss_tl

I have lots of these, they work really well.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 11:36 am
yiddishmom wrote:
I don't have recommendations regarding a strong grip. But maybe try one of those space saving hangers, it might help: https://a.co/d/cY7lTXN

I thought of that but I feel like it'll be more difficult to see what's hanging. Any other ideas?

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 12:16 pm
Are you hanging multiple skirts on a single hanger?

In general the plastic clips don't hold that well because they don't have a strong grip.

If you are conserving space my experience is that the space saving thin "velvet finish" hangers work well. At one time I also had a hanger that had multiple clips cascading down so that multiple skirts were hung on one hanger but each skirt has its own set of clips but I like the thin hangers better since it was difficult to maneuver the skirts on the cascading style since they hung on top of each other.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 12:43 pm
The latest hangers that are manufactured just don't have the same grip as they used to! You're not the only one. I bought new hangers for my teens closet and the maxi skirts and pleated skirts fall down from their weight!

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 12:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
I thought of that but I feel like it'll be more difficult to see what's hanging. Any other ideas?

I use this type and I alternate hanging one on one side of the hanger and the next on the other side.
It makes it easier for me to see

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 1:14 pm
Container store has amazing ones that hold the skirts

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 1:54 pm
Try using wooden spring-type clothespins.

nicole81

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 3:01 pm
I use the thin velvet hangers for all tops and dresses, and skirts hangars with the metal pinch grip (like a clothespin).

seeker

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 3:49 pm
amother OP wrote:

Not so difficult. You don't need to use all the layers on each hanger. It saves a lot of space and the clips are quite strong (at least on the one I have, did not buy on amazon so can't say for sure it's the same but it looks the same)

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 3:52 pm
amother OP wrote:

It makes it harder when you are looking from the front, but when you are looking from the side, you see all the skirts. They’re really great space savers, and the skirts don’t all come down when you take one off, even when you have two in one clip.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics