Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help w/Scouting/Finding Product to sell as an Amazon Seller

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 5:48 pm
I just signed up to sell as an Amazon Seller, but here in Lakewood there are not any stores that I have found to find discounted items to resell. I do not know how to work the wholesale yet, but I also don't have the capital to buy the required amount of product and don't have storage to do wholesale either. If you are in the business as an Amazon Seller, can you please give me ideas on what product to sell so that I can build up my capital and forge ahead and have some sales. My husband has been unemployed since his job discharged everyone during Covid in March of 2020, and he didn't qualify for unemployment because of a severance pay, and now, because of his age, no one wants to hire him, thinking he will retire in a few years (he's 63). So, he has been working only part-time, but it barely pays our mortgage...and we have tons of other expenses. Thank you and tizku l'mitzvos!

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 5:08 pm
I knew some people doing amazon but although it started out ok it fizzled and now they do something else. What skillsets do you and your dh have? Maybe we can think of some other ideas for you?

HKBH should give you and all of us ample parnassah and good health!

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 5:11 pm
Toothpaste, socks, cellphone cases, custom jewelery, sweaters…

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 5:14 pm
You can try nonperishable food items that are cheap in Lakewood but expensive in other places.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 1:19 am
I am the OP...had to edit, because the system showed my login....anyways, thank you everyone for your suggestions...I actually had my first 3 sales today! So, still scouting and shipping. It is very tedious, but I hope it works out for us.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 5:37 am
amother OP wrote:
I am the OP...had to edit, because the system showed my login....anyways, thank you everyone for your suggestions...I actually had my first 3 sales today! So, still scouting and shipping. It is very tedious, but I hope it works out for us.

That’s great! What did you sell?

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, Aug 31 2022, 12:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
I just signed up to sell as an Amazon Seller, but here in Lakewood there are not any stores that I have found to find discounted items to resell. I do not know how to work the wholesale yet, but I also don't have the capital to buy the required amount of product and don't have storage to do wholesale either. If you are in the business as an Amazon Seller, can you please give me ideas on what product to sell so that I can build up my capital and forge ahead and have some sales. My husband has been unemployed since his job discharged everyone during Covid in March of 2020, and he didn't qualify for unemployment because of a severance pay, and now, because of his age, no one wants to hire him, thinking he will retire in a few years (he's 63). So, he has been working only part-time, but it barely pays our mortgage...and we have tons of other expenses. Thank you and tizku l'mitzvos!

Love to help!

Your best category to gain capital and find the most products would be Grocery & Gourmet Food.

If you can stock up on In-Store items that is the best to get started and gain capital fast. Most sellers limit themselves to purchasing their products online or through wholesale/distributors. But there are so many items and products you can find in Walmart or Target that are only sold in-store but are greatly profitable on Amazon listings. (Most In-Store items anyways you can have delivered through Walmart+ or Instacart, etc so you don't actually have to do the shopping yourself)

When sourcing Walmart for example make sure to add your zip code online so it will cater to your store specifically - or type in the search bar ROLLBACK for the deals that they have going on

Target - best to look for food items plus don't forget to make yourself an account or get the Target Debit/Credit card. So you're always getting cash back on your purchases. Also look for their "Gift Card Deals" like for example right now Target has to deals going on with beauty purchases;
Buy 3 get a $5 Target GiftCard on select skin care products
In-store or Online ∙
Free Mighty Patch Micropoint with $40 skin care purchase

I would source the company "Tree Hut Body Scrubs" there's a few bundle listings on a pack of 3 or 6 that you can make $5+ profit on each unit and they've been selling an average of 5/11 times a day.

If you're interested I have an Amazon course where one of the pro's we offer is sourcing sheets - an itemized list of products and the listings to buy & sell on. It's updated always. This isn't for you to just go on itself but for you to grow in the direction you want to go.

So for example, although my Target is not great on restocking candy & holiday items - I do know that by you, your target is already stocked on Halloween items and even non-meltables that are so profitable right now.

- Holiday Items/Limited Edition
-Coffee/Tea flavors, this is when the Winter/Holiday versions come out, as well as the holiday design ones.
-Flavor Syrups, like pumpkin spice flavors, caramel and raspberry are great hits now.
-Hair Products
-Vitamins (weather changes)

If there's anything else I can help with, please let me know! I don't go on here much but I needed help with something today so hopefully, I'll get an answer as well Smile

Kol Tuv!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics