Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lake Riviera, Brick - Frum Community?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 8:07 am
Looking for any information on if there’s any Jews living in Lake riviera in Brick, right by Costco.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 8:36 am
The only frum area I know of in Brick is in the Burrsville area which is walking distance to a Yeshiva/shul off route 88 by Ocean Lanes

yiddishmom

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 8:38 am
No one there yet.

There are a handful of families in the Green Grove Rd/ Jack Martin Blvd area.

And a handful of families in the Van Zile Rd area.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 8:58 am
New question then. Would anyone want to go be pioneers with me? Affordable homes, cute neighborhood, next level stunning park. Literally 2 min from Costco. 10-15 min from south side of Lakewood

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 9:04 am
What do you mean by affordable?
How big is the houses?

yiddishmom

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 9:12 am
Not OP. But you can find 1500 - 2K sw ft homes ranging from low 400K to mid 400K.

There are also a few homes 2700 - 3K sw ft homes for 650- 800K range.

OP, you can be the pioneer. People are desperate these days and moving out all over.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 9:19 am
amother Floralwhite wrote:
What do you mean by affordable?
How big is the houses?

Basically what yiddish mom said but there’s also occasionally even under 400k if you’re willing to put in some work.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 9:47 am
I might want to ! Checked out some houses online seems interesting

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 10:01 am
Could you post a random address? Trying to find the area on zillow

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 10:49 am
my neighbor just moved to a house near Dorado plaza. She claims there is a minyan there

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 2:51 pm
Probably your best bet would be to reach out to a reputed agent who works in the closest frum area.
They probably know people looking for homes and can help you connect and find places close together.
You just need 10 people for a shabbos minyan, if someone donates a garage and you pool money finish it.....
Once that's going - the word will get out and people will flock....

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 3:00 pm
this is the area
https://www.zillow.com/homedet.....zpid/

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 3:03 pm
My relative was one of the first to buy in a new neighborhood a few years ago. At first they had to go away every shabbos because no minyan. 6 months later they had a minyan but they had to make sure only 1 person went away for shabbos at a time or they wouldn’t have. Now it’s been 2 years and the neighborhood is overflowing with yidden and they are building a shul. And housing prices have doubled.

What I’m saying is, buy the house and keep talking about it. Others will follow you.

yiddishmom

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 4:15 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
My relative was one of the first to buy in a new neighborhood a few years ago. At first they had to go away every shabbos because no minyan. 6 months later they had a minyan but they had to make sure only 1 person went away for shabbos at a time or they wouldn’t have. Now it’s been 2 years and the neighborhood is overflowing with yidden and they are building a shul. And housing prices have doubled.

What I’m saying is, buy the house and keep talking about it. Others will follow you.

As NeonPink says.

I'll add: that generally speaking, the value of a home usually goes up. So, in the event that the neighborhood doesn't turn out the way you'll like it, you'll sell and buy somewhere else.

I know of a few people who pioneered and are in growing neighborhoods now.

yiddishmom

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 4:16 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
my neighbor just moved to a house near Dorado plaza. She claims there is a minyan there

This is right near Lanes Mill. They can easily walk to Raintree.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 5:50 pm
I would like to add one more thing,

I know someone who brought in Raintree when there were no Frum people living there, he and a friend decided to move there together and hope it becomes Frum soon.

With in a month there was a minyon, it seems that a nice amount of people had brought there and were waiting for someone else to be the first person to move there.

Even if there are no Frum people living there right now could be they are waiting for someone else to be the first to move in.

GLUE

Post Sat, May 06 2023, 11:35 pm
Did anyone move there?
If yes can you PM me?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries