Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Whirlpool vs LG vs GE washing machine

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 7:29 am
Which one should I buy?
Whirlpool: I have one I bought 5 years ago.
Mold beyond in the rubber. Town Appliance says that might be because of the load and go features. Current models have shorter soak option- 30 min-, and do not have a glass door- only plastic. My current machine does a great job cleaning clothing but the mold cannot be removed and I want to replace it.

GE: this model is a year old and supposedly has technology that prevents the mold. Too new to know if it really works. Not sure if it has a soak option.

LG: turbo wash in 29 minutes. No load and go (so no mold?). No soak option only pre-wash.

All similar prices

Wwyd?

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 10:42 am
I’m also looking into this and on the fence. I am leaning Lg because it washes best and I haven’t seen many complaints about mold but still the ge has a better rubber and the venting option.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 6:50 pm
Thanks! Bump

DustyDiamonds

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 9:17 pm
Following.

And always wondering what kind of person thought it was a great idea to create an appliance that uses water that tends to develop mold🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 I miss my 30 year old machine from my old house that never developed mold, even if I forgot to take out laundry overnight!!!!

(I mean, I could understand if someone thought it’s a good idea to create a better drill or vacuum that’s sensitive to mold. But a washing machine???????)

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 10:33 pm
almost all frontloaders have mold issues - its simple gravity - water drains down and out - so the water that gets stuck in the rubber sits there. I own an LG frontload for 6 yrs (I am mega careful to keep door open between loads, towel dry it, use tilex mold remover etc) it doesn't have load n go feature. Its the frontload design that has this mold issue -with all brands. I got a 2nd washer last yr - a wpl topload - love it, no mold issues.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 10:37 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
almost all frontloaders have mold issues - its simple gravity - water drains down and out - so the water that gets stuck in the rubber sits there. I own an LG frontload for 6 yrs (I am mega careful to keep door open between loads, towel dry it, use tilex mold remover etc) it doesn't have load n go feature. Its the frontload design that has this mold issue -with all brands. I got a 2nd washer last yr - a wpl topload - love it, no mold issues.

So you’ve had mold with the LG that you needed to use tilex for?

I wonder why the salesmen said to absolutely not get a top loader
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics