Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler Self Regulation Book

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 1:27 am
Are there any books I can read to help my 3 year old how to self regulate?

MyUsername

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 3:34 am
Here are some books that we like, though we didn't start any of them at age 3.

How Are You Feeling Today by Molly Potter - goes through different emotions and several kid friendly ideas to handle each one. My daughter, though older than your child, actually goes to find this book sometimes to figure out how to handle things. If you read it enough, they can figure it out from the pictures on their own time.

Sitting Still Like a Frog by Eline Snel - a whole book of exercises of mindfulness for kids, recommended by our pediatrician, it is great.

Your Mind is Like the Sky by Bronwen Ballard - mindfulness for kids. Not sure if it will be effective for a 3 year old, but regardless of age it requires some practice.

Books by Julia Cook - she has a whole series of books about managing a variety of behaviors, see if you can find something relevant for your child. The books are highly entertaining but get the message across.

Liam Labradoodle Learns Whole Body Listening - not emotional regulation, but also an important part of regulation, sweet book about learning to focus yourself and listen.

Beautiful Oops - teaches that mistakes can be something good (great if your child is a perfectionist). This is a delicate book, so think about whether your 3 year old is gentle enough not to rip it. It is age appropriate though.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 4:12 am
A lot of Daniel tiger books have tricks for self regulation. We love daniel gets mad

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 9:07 am
amother Seagreen wrote:
A lot of Daniel tiger books have tricks for self regulation. We love daniel gets mad

Oh, that reminds me of a great kids' book: Mouse Was Mad by Linda Urban.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics