Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
I get to be a SAHM for 3 weeks and I need advice!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 1:24 pm
I work during the year as a therapist in a school but Im home until labor day being a SAHM yay! I dont know what to do with myself, can someone please share activities? I feel bad because I am kind of itching to back to work, but I want to enjoy being home now.

My daughter is 19 months, and is not walking or talking yet. She gets EI OT and PT M-TH @9:30 am.
She naps until about 12:30 then she has lunch and then thats it. I folded laundry, organized the apartment, deep cleaned the bathroom.

Can any SAHM share some activities or how your day is set up?

We go to the park every other day or for a walk to get out but its very hot out so its not that enjoyable. I try to do an "activity" everyday like going to the supermarket or pharmacy. I end up driving to my parents who live 20 minutes away because my mother is home and so is my sister. My grandparents are also here from OOT. I feel like a baby because I visit my parents everyday! I just dont have anything to do.

Today my daughter hasnt napped yet shes yapping in her crib im hoping she wll go down... so we arent really on schedule so much.

I cant go to a shiur during the week because Im not bringing my baby to disturb others

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 1:25 pm
I don't do a lot of activities either. Sometimes we go out to a park or splash pad or library, but as you said it's been too hot to spend much time outside. Otherwise, my toddlers play with toys and non-toys at home. There are always things of interest. I don't tend to explicitly set up activities.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 1:27 pm
She gets very clingy its hard for me to read a book or be on my phone. She is not always interested in her toys either she'd rather climb on me, kiss me etc. (BH).

The first few days I was catching up on appts and doing work stuff, but today is my first day home and I feel like its shabbos

amother
Amaryllis

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 1:57 pm
Cook for shabbos

Bake!! Unless your dieting.

ETA
Honestly, I get you. I was home pp and BH baby was not a shrieker and had quite a bit of empty time.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 2:09 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
Cook for shabbos

Bake!! Unless your dieting.

ETA
Honestly, I get you. I was home pp and BH baby was not a shrieker and had quite a bit of empty time.

Im trying to diet :/ I have 3 soft bananas I was going to make muffins for my daughter
Do people really cook for shabbos on wednesdays??

cbg

Post Wed, Aug 17 2022, 2:11 pm
They sell soap paint you can do finger painting in the bath tub and it’s easy to rinse away
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cra.....aw.ds
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics