Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How much time is needed to make aliyah?
Previous  1  2

amother
Cornsilk

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 3:11 pm
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
ive never read a more PA post...
they're literally escaping a war zone lol

Russia is a big place and as far as I've heard the other side hasn't attacked any Russian towns, the missiles are flying in the opposite direction. But even if you want to say Russia is all one big war zone under bombardment these people are escaping from, it does have to make you think why they'd be going back.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 3:30 pm
DH is israeli and we got married through rabbanut in israel... we have a baby (15 mo)
interested in making aliyah maybe september time...
will we need to get our marriage certificate apostille sealed?

No you do not need it apostilled

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 3:35 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
No you do not need it apostilled

What does this mean? What is apostilled? What is the process to do that??

SG18

Post Sat, Apr 30 2022, 3:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What does this mean? What is apostilled? What is the process to do that??

It's included in the NBN document list. An apostille is a letter certifying a birth certificate or marriage license. You'll need one from the county you received these documents from. The easiest way to take care of it is to go in person. It's a pain, but ultimately, as what I found to be the most difficult part of Aliyah, not too bad. (I did it for my BC, my daughter's BC, and my MC, all in different locations)

This link has all of the information for taking care of it:
https://www.nbn.org.il/making-.....ents/

Reality

Post Sat, Apr 30 2022, 3:30 pm
ive never read a more PA post...
they're literally escaping a war zone lol

I have no idea what PA means but I do know you don't know what you are talking about.

The previous poster shouldn't have called the Russian olim refugees. But it's a well-known fact that olim from the FSU have the highest rate of returning to their home country. I remember reading an article in the Jerusalem Post stating that 40% leave after a year. Basically, they collect their money and leave. Part of the problem is that so many of the immigrants are not really Jewish and feel no real connection to Israel. They come to collect benefits.

Reality

Post Sat, Apr 30 2022, 3:33 pm
OP, do realize you cannot use the copies of birth certificates and marriage license that you already have? You have to get new ones and get the new ones apostilled. If anyone in your family was born or married in NYC, there's an additional step before you can apostille. It takes time to order your new documents and get them back only to need to send them out again.

amother
Tealblue

Post Sat, Apr 30 2022, 3:42 pm
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
The quick answer is no. It takes a few months to get through the process.

You can move without formally making aliyah and make aliyah from within Israel after you've gotten your paperwork together. That's what we did. But it's a bit of a hassle to live here as non-citizens and you almost certainly won't be able to work while you're on a student or tourist visa. Can you afford that?

Call nefesh b'nefesh now. (Actually, not now, they're closed on Friday but open on Sunday.) You'll get a clearer idea of the time frame. Schedule a visit - preferably during the school year so you can visit schools- and start planning.

We'll be waiting!

Firstly, you can get a student visa permitted to work, so that’s not accurate. Tourists are as you say not permitted to work.
Also, dh been living here more than 10 years (I joined after marriage). We are not citizens and I don’t consider living here a hassle. I will say that until you qualify for bituach leumi, then yes you literally can’t do much without a form of Israeli I’d number. Obviously Israelis or permanent residents will have a teudat zehut, but bituach leumi numbers are put in place for those who don’t qualify for tz but do qualify for bl. Most kollel ppl or those on other visas (like a work visa) live here normally on bl numbers!

SG18

Post Sat, Apr 30 2022, 5:37 pm
Reality wrote:
OP, do realize you cannot use the copies of birth certificates and marriage license that you already have? You have to get new ones and get the new ones apostilled. If anyone in your family was born or married in NYC, there's an additional step before you can apostille. It takes time to order your new documents and get them back only to need to send them out again.

Is this true? I got all of my documents apostilled in the past year and they weren't new copies.
I believe they issued me a certified copy on the spot, when I went to the county clerk's office.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 2:49 am
amother Tangerine wrote:
Hi my daughter works for NBN. They are right now dealing with August and September cases so technically your timing is fine, if cutting it a little close. She advises starting an application online immediately so that you can be given an advisor and be told what you need. Bear in mind it will be harder to find schools for your kids this late in the year. Also start doing research on where to live and working on documents. You will need aspotilles on everyone’s birth certificate and your marriage certificate as well. The BC for anyone born in the five boroughs needs a Letter of Exemplification which can only be issued on a BC issued in the past month. You may need to order new ones which can come with the letter. The sooner you complete your application the sooner you can be advised in what exactly you need. Hatzlacha and shabbat shalom.

Are you referring to.cases of people who applied in august and september of 2021?

imaima

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 4:17 am
amother Cornsilk wrote:
Russia is a big place and as far as I've heard the other side hasn't attacked any Russian towns, the missiles are flying in the opposite direction. But even if you want to say Russia is all one big war zone under bombardment these people are escaping from, it does have to make you think why they'd be going back.

Dear Americans,

the historical moment has arrived when you need to start differentiating between Russia and other Russian-speaking countries.
Your ignorance isn’t cute anymore and your stupid remarks are hurtful for many people on this forum.
Please educate yourselves about the current situation in the Eastern Europe and please figure out for yourself who exactly is at war with whom.
I am so disgusted that I won’t spell it out for you.

DrMom

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 6:57 am
amother OP wrote:
We are thinking of moving to Israel. Just decided now that it's something we want to do. Is it crazy late? Is it still possible to move in time for the new school year??
Any and all advice and tips are greatly appreciated!
Leave all furniture, linen, toys, appliances, pots/dishes behind and buy everything new from scratch in Israel?
Or pay to port everything - is that worth it?

Where do we start finding yeshivas? Schools? Playgroup? Babysiiter?

Which neighborhood is right for regular boro park frum family?

Where can I start looking for a job? For me? For DH?

Is it realistic ir even possible to only start now and move already for the new zeman??

Any tips or suggestions

In time for the upcoming schoolyard?
Um, no

Especially if you don't yet know where you are going to live.

You want to make a well-informed move, especially with kids in tow.

And what do you mean "which neighborhood?" Of what city?

Do you have jobs Ined up? Or at least some leads? Or are you wealthy enough to be without a job for a while?

You can just show up, but you will be 100x more likely to succeed if you go about it strategically instead of haphazardly.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 7:05 am
DrMom wrote:
In time for the upcoming schoolyard?
Um, no

Especially if you don't yet know where you are going to live.

You want to make a well-informed move, especially with kids in tow.

The original post was from just after Pesach, when it might have been just about possible to organise everything before September. Someone bumped it up yesterday with another inquiry. At this stage, to make aliyah within a week wouldn't be so practical.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions