Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Bored at work

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 10:31 am
I work at a job that has seasons and right now it is dead season. There is barely anything to do. But I get paid by the hour for being here. Playing solitaire. Should I take a few unpaid days off to use so I'm not twiddling thumbs? Or sit here and get paid, I could use the money. But the boredom feels like I'm wasting my days

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 10:34 am
It's your decision. They keep you for the 'bored' times because they need you for the busy times. They know that you have nothing to do. It's part of your employment. It would be nice if they gave you paid days off so that you can do stuff and get paid for it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 10:40 am
ShishKabob wrote:
It's your decision. They keep you for the 'bored' times because they need you for the busy times. They know that you have nothing to do. It's part of your employment. It would be nice if they gave you paid days off so that you can do stuff and get paid for it.

They do actually give me PTO but I use for chol hamoed etc

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 10:55 am
Do you like to write?

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 11:00 am
Lets start with Yashrus, which is what hashem counts

If owner (not manager) know staff has zero to do, would he be ok paying for days of no work?
would he be upset at lost money for no good reason?

Perhaps need to speak with the one where wallet belongs, not direct manager, and say, I am happy to sit in the office and get a salaray. I wonder if you are aware there is zero work for me to do during the summer

He/she may bring other projects they can use help with, even home stuff, so they are not wasting their money for no reason.

They are entilted to work for paid hours.

when I had no work, I offered to do filing, copy, scan (below my job or pay level), so their salary is not a total waste. payer should have options...

clean pc from old un needed files etc. if its an office.
stuff eveleopes for holidays promos

whatever

they are entitled to work

what do u think?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics