Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Girls School Shoes

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 1:39 pm
I live oot so I can't just go into a Jewish store, but I would like to know what is in style for a fifth grader in the NY/NJ area as girls in my OOT still wear pretty in style things. I will probably get something similar to the Jewish styles but hopefully cheaper from a department store, but want to make sure that I am not totally off base. I looked at some of the Jewish stores on line and I can't figure out what is this season and what is old. In the past kids wore atlanta loafers (which is above my price point) and these tie boots with chunky heels. Are those styles still in?

bsy

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 1:44 pm
Marc Joseph on Amazon has Jewish style shoes. May not be the absolute latest trend but very normal and accepted. I always see kids wearing them.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 1:51 pm
bsy wrote:
Marc Joseph on Amazon has Jewish style shoes. May not be the absolute latest trend but very normal and accepted. I always see kids wearing them.

Thanks, I have actually bought very cheap Marc Josephs in the past, but this year my daughter saw the ones I put in my cart and she really doesn't think they are in style at all. She said something about the sole. So I am looking for examples of what is in style so even if I do go with a Marc Joseph I can go with one that is closest to one that is in style.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 1:58 pm
Loafers in brown, black, dark maroon, or hunter green

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 2:08 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Loafers in brown, black, dark maroon, or hunter green

Thanks what type of heel, is it the junky one or more the mocassin type. Links or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 2:10 pm
Following..

amother
Green

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 2:13 pm
https://www.perroquetshoes.com.....er-2/

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 2:23 pm
I'm seeing lots of loafers. Moccasin style and more clunky sole style.

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 2:42 pm
I find that there's a big difference between litvish and chassidish school shoes styles. For example, in my daughter's litvish ny school, hardly anyone wears loafers

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 3:16 pm
amother Pansy wrote:
I find that there's a big difference between litvish and chassidish school shoes styles. For example, in my daughter's litvish ny school, hardly anyone wears loafers

Thanks, so what is in style in your Litvish school if not loafers. I should have clarified that the school has kids that are yeshivish/JPF/litvish and I am sure some others (very few sephardim and chasidim if any)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 3:19 pm
amother Green wrote:
https://www.perroquetshoes.com/product/loafer-grey-leather-2/

Thanks, so these are similar to the atlanta type loafer.

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 3:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, so what is in style in your Litvish school if not loafers. I should have clarified that the school has kids that are yeshivish/JPF/litvish and I am sure some others (very few sephardim and chasidim if any)
[quote]

No idea what's in style this year... Lol

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 2:11 am
It’s not at all true that they’re only wearing loafers in chassidish schools. I was in London Kids in Lakewood today and yesterday. The place was jam packed with (cool) non-chassidish kids buying loafers. My daughter is very ‘with it’. She’s going into 7th grade and she says that’s what the kids are wearing. That’s what all her friends are wearing. Look at www.Londonkidsshoes.com
THAT’S what’s in style (for $148 or $156 a pair, mind you).

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 2:15 am
https://www.londonkidsshoes.co.....-gnsa
https://www.londonkidsshoes.co.....-nvsa

Here are two examples
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics