Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Food ideas needed! Anyone up to the challenge?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 5:52 pm
Going away for a few days. I am gluten free, sugar free and eat mostly whole/clean foods (no bars or gluten free bread/crackers) . This is my first year traveling with this food plan.
What can I bring with me? I need breakfast lunch and supper for 3 days.
We are bringing a milchig Betty crocker.

hellokitty

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 5:57 pm
some kind of marinated chickpea salad in the cooler - I'd use a sturdy storage bag to cut down on bulk and to ditch the package when I'm done, tuna pouches (I eat from the packet with a plastic fork), I'm happy with a spoonful of peanut butter and an apple when needed, I'd bring along plastic spoons to avoid washing dishes. hard boiled eggs, string cheese and nuts hold up well

srbmom

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 6:03 pm
Do you have a fridge where you are staying, or you're on the road the whole time?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 6:06 pm
srbmom wrote:
Do you have a fridge where you are staying, or you're on the road the whole time?

There may be a fridge one night. .

I don't need snack ideas (fruit, nuts, cheese). I don't really snack anyway. I need 3 meals x 3 days. Please.

esther11

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 6:09 pm
You can make salmon in the Betty Crocker.

Buy fresh fruits and veggies in the nearest grocery store, then either roast in the Betty Crocker or eat raw.

Bring or buy Greek yogurt and fruits for breakfast.

Someone else mentioned tuna packets, you can eat them with cut up vegetables.

Would you eat packaged deli meats? That is protein and can be eaten cold.

When we travel we will often pre-cooked grilled chicken or salmon. Add it to a salad and you have a great meal!

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 6:36 pm
Scrambled eggs or omelets on Betty crocker

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 6:37 pm
“Grilled” veggies on Betty come out great too

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 6:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
Going away for a few days. I am gluten free, sugar free and eat mostly whole/clean foods (no bars or gluten free bread/crackers) . This is my first year traveling with this food plan.
What can I bring with me? I need breakfast lunch and supper for 3 days.
We are bringing a milchig Betty crocker.

What do you eat for breakfast and lunch when you are home? Open a jar of Tuscanini yellowfin tuna or another pop top can of tuna steak and serve over a bowl of salad for lunch. Same for turkey breast made yourself and brought along.

Hard boiled eggs, maybe sticks of cheese brought with you if you do dairy. Yogurt and chia seeds is an option. Make fresh eggs on a sandwich maker or Betty Crocker. You can even sauté veggies and drop in eggs a la shakshuka for a great meal. Gluten free oatmeal.

Potato salad or sweet potato salad (bring ready cubed in a container with dressing and veg in separate containers for the 1st dinner meal). Bring grilled chicken and steak. Serve over huge salad.

Short grain brown rice, ready. (Or buy the frozen Bgan packets.) Grill burgers and chicken fresh and serve fresh veggies.

5 minute rice made with boiling water where you are. Grill salmon and green beans on your appliance (George Foreman, Betty Crocker griddle, plug in skillet, or disposable grill pan).

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 6:46 pm
Frozen veggies in a bag, put in the microwave for 8 minutes, it gives a steamed effect. I love broccoli but there are others

DVOM

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 6:53 pm
We're going camping for 4 nights next week.
I also eat no sugar, no flour, pretty much no processed foods.

I've been eating this way and camping for many years, so I feel like I've got this down to a science.

Breakfast is homemade oat bran muffins. They freeze great, so it's really easy to just pull them out of the cooler.

Lunch is usually parve/dairy over the campfire. Roasted couliflower or broccoli with cashews and a little (gluten free) soy sauce, salmon or talapia, scrambled eggs, a big salad with feta cheese or chick peas.

Dinners are typical campfire cookouts: grilled chicken, baked potato, chilli, wings. We often make veggie kabobs, peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes, zucchini.

Writing about it is getting me so excited! I love camping!

amother
Chestnut

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 8:00 pm
In addition to the other ideas, heaven and earth makes ready to eat quinoa cups. Chickpea pouches are a great idea. There is also instant brown rice noodles from gefen. They also sell brown rice noodles instant soup in styrofoam bowls, if you don’t use the spice packet it’s literally just the noodles.

You can boil potatoes and home and make hash browns on the Betty Crocker to go with eggs for breakfast.

Bobs red mill has gf instant oatmeal cups.

Salmon from a tin.

I know you said no crackers but Mary’s gone seed crackers are super clean.

dankbar

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 8:21 pm
Heaven & earth has a Mushroom jerky

Deli salad

Falafel balls with salad

Schwarma with salad

Lox with salad

Scrambled eggs mixed with mayo & salad

Yogurt with fruit or Granola

Cottage cheese with Cantaloupe

Letcho with eggs in Betty

Omelets