Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Is my child s/th like a gilgul or is this normal?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 9:40 pm
My 3 year old lives for shabbos all week. Hes always asking me what day of the week it is and when is shabbos coming. He talks about setting the table for shabbos and sings shabbos songs and he looks longingly at the shabbos silver. im not kidding when I say he does this all week and its not coming from us! Were really nothing special
Also his face shines when I tell him its shabbos
Can it make sense he has a special neshama like hes a gilgul or am I just prejudice and some children are just like this?

Hes been doing this for a long while already

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 9:42 pm
beautiful kah
we are all gilgulim

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 9:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
My 3 year old lives for shabbos all week. Hes always asking me what day of the week it is and when is shabbos coming. He talks about setting the table for shabbos and sings shabbos songs and he looks longingly at the shabbos silver. im not kidding when I say he does this all week and its not coming from us! Were really nothing special
Can it make sense he has a special neshama like hes a gilgul or am I just prejudice and some children are just like this?

that is so sweet!!
We don't really believe in gilgulim.. You just have a special kid bh

Jeanette

I think it's very sweet and beautiful. Clearly he does have a special neshama. I wouldn't speculate too much on gilgul though because that could drive you both crazy.

giftedmom

Some kids are like this. My son asks all week when it’s shabbos already. It’s the only time of the week that he gets to spend all day with family, eat together, play games etc.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 9:44 pm
My 3yr old is like this too. Maybe it's the stage... Or maybe he likes that you're more relaxed on shabbos, or that your dh is around more to spend time with him, or that he gets a special shabbos treat. I never thought too deeply into it.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 9:47 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
that is so sweet!!
We don't really believe in gilgulim.. You just have a special kid bh

Who is “we”? I certainly believe in gilgulim, as does the torah. I seem to remember something about Pinchas and nadav and avihu, and Eliyahu Hanavi….

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 9:48 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
Who is “we”? I certainly believe in gilgulim, as does the torah. I seem to remember something about Pinchas and nadav and avihu, and Eliyahu Hanavi….

Tanach times and nowadays are two different things. It's not something thats likely relevant in our days and not something that it's useful to speculate on.

amother
RosePink

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 9:49 pm
My kids were like this too. It's very special.

amother
Pistachio

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 9:49 pm
amother OP wrote:

You're prejudiced. Everyone is a gilgul. Loving Shabbos isn’t a sign. He probably learned nice things about it in playgroup or nursery and he therefore enjoys it.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 9:53 pm
That’s so sweet! Maybe it’s a toddler phase. My son won’t let me set up the candles lol. So I give him the unlit candle and he puts them in the cups. Same with setting up the table or bringing the dips to the table.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 9:54 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
Tanach times and nowadays are two different things. It's not something thats likely relevant in our days and not something that it's useful to speculate on.

I will not use this post as a place to disagree, but I most definitely do disagree. I don’t think it’s irrelevant, and I think it is much more common than you think.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 9:55 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
I will not use this post as a place to disagree, but I most definitely do disagree. I don’t think it’s irrelevant, and I think it is much more common than you think.

Ok. Definitely start a spinoff if you feel like it Smile

Flip Flops

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 10:02 pm
He sounds like an adorable, zees child ka"h!!
You should continue to have tons of nachas from him!!

octopus

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 10:04 pm
Gilgul isn't one of the 13 ikrei emunah. There are machlokeses about it. It shouldn't bother you if someone doesn't want to hold from it. It's not something that affects our daily lives anyway.
Op, it sounds like you have a beautiful, special child.

octopus

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 10:07 pm
Also the concept of gilgul is not as simple as many people think . It's not just a recycled soul. The soul can be recycled from a few different pieces of other souls and that's why someone can have more than one zivug.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 10:18 pm
You have a precious Neshama! The time to invest in your child's ruchnius is now, the payoff will be huge. You don't need to know the backstory of his previous lifetimes to know that shabbos is important to him. Nurture that. Tell him the story of yosef moker shabbos and the like. Really beautiful!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics