Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Going to sleep late

proudmom

Post Thu, Sep 02 2004, 11:19 am
My 3 month old keeps me up every night to 12 or even 1 in the morning. I always try to put her to sleep earlier but the problem with that is she will sleep for an hour and then get up. I even tried to wake her up early in the morning and still it doesnt work. any suggestions in what to do?
I even tried to give her a bath she fell asleep and now its party time for her. she wont stay in her bed quietly she just cries until I pick her up

Rochel Leah

Post Thu, Sep 02 2004, 11:26 pm
I know this is what happened to my aunts baby, but then she had teenagers who were up late so they halped out , either holding baby or putting him too sleep. If she goes to bed at 12- 1 what time is she up in the morning?

My son when he was that age would also go to bed late , more around 10:30-11:30, but then he woke up late in the morning. for me that was great. I'm a night person and would rather sleep in. now hes up 7:00/ 7:30. 8 if I'm lucky. but for you its hard cuz you have to be up for your older kids.

what abt soothing music- ? would she be quiet if she lay in your bed with you. maybe she won't go to sleep, but atleast you could relax a little?

proudmom

Post Thu, Sep 02 2004, 11:38 pm
around 8:30 9:00. because I wake her up because I have to take my kids to school otherwise she would sleep till 11. but she gets up in the middle to eat too. the music wont help I try that. she just likes to be held.

curlyhead

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 2:04 am
There is a great book "Solve your child's sleep problem" written by ___ farber.
Try making the last nap earlier then it is by 15 min and then try putting her to sleep 15 min earlier. Slowly adjust the schedule until she is going to bed at a decent time. This worked for me when I first came hoem from the hospital and the baby decided that its kvetchy time was from 12:00am till about 2:00am. I slowly brought that time earlier
I found when my son was that age music calmed him down

proudmom

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 10:55 am
the problem is with that she is very colicy so it is tough. her colicy time is by 11 until she falls asleep which is around 12 or even 1

BelovedBird

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 7:25 pm
What about sleeping with her?

proudmom

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 8:23 pm
I tried and it doesnt work

zuncompany

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 8:30 pm
Zu did this. He eventually grew out of it. his sleep patterns have gone up and down... sleeping in and going to bed late to opposite a few times. We go with the flow. I tried changing it, but it ended up as a struggle. One that wasn't worth it. You have to deside if its worth the fight. For me it wasn't. Why? Cause I could sleep in with him.
We did ferberize him though to get him to sleep a full night. The book is very interesting and I really liked it. It is nothing like people claim it is.
Sara
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics