Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Washing machine issues

shmoosh

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 9:33 pm
I don’t think my washing machine properly cleans. I keep finding stains on clothing and don’t realize until after they’re dry. These are the type of stains that usually come out when washed on a regular cycle, I’m not talking about oil stains or things that generally stain. I’m talking about things like spilled milk on a sheet type. I use stain lifter detergents.
I have a top loader that came with my house so it likely is pretty old. Is there anything I could do to clean the machine or something?

Java

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 9:47 pm
shmoosh wrote:
I don’t think my washing machine properly cleans. I keep finding stains on clothing and don’t realize until after they’re dry. These are the type of stains that usually come out when washed on a regular cycle, I’m not talking about oil stains or things that generally stain. I’m talking about things like spilled milk on a sheet type. I use stain lifter detergents.
I have a top loader that came with my house so it likely is pretty old. Is there anything I could do to clean the machine or something?

Are you overloading the machine?

shmoosh

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 10:14 pm
Java wrote:
Are you overloading the machine?

No

Pickle1

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 10:58 pm
Frontloader? Try running a sanitize cycle, affresh, or use tide washer cleaner tablet. Or you can run a cycle with vinegar to clean out the machine. Maybe also try switching to a different detergeant

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 12:27 am
Every washing machine is different. If this machine doesn't wash out stains like your other one did, it never will. Unless extra stains are showing up FROM the washing machine, then I don't think deep cleaning it will change anything.
But do run a deep cleaning cycle once a month on any machine you have, regardless.

Window

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 12:33 am
We have an old machine and when I go away and use my mothers, everything comes out so much cleaner! It might be time for an upgrade. Or add oxi powder to every load
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry