Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lack of cheaper meat restaurants with waiter service

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 2:44 pm
Why is every restaurant in lakewood either super expensive (like entree) or else takeout-ish (like dlux)? I always have to travel all the way to stingers in deal just to go out to eat with my husband so we don’t walk out paying $200. There used to be Carlos and Gabbys which was a great option but it closed down a couple years ago.
Please if anyone wants to open a restaurant in lakewood, please have this in mind. There seems to be another expensive restaurant opening every few months but we really don’t need that!
And if anyone knows of something like this in lakewood already that I don’t know about please tell me!! TIA

cupcake123

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 3:59 pm
This is why I love stingers. But I think stingers is unique!

amother
Aconite

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 6:12 pm
I haven't eaten at either of the less expensive restaurants but I did check then out on-line.

They fall into a category of restaurant that would be called "fast casual" and their menus feature less expensive simpler dishes that generally don't require the skill level of a good really good chef or have expensive ingredients.

The food is pretty standard to what one might find in a deli or a sports type of bar - I.e. burgers, pizzas and other lower cost entrees.

Their highest cost entrees are pretty equivalent to the cost of the least expensive choices at a more expensive restaurant.

They don't have the same overhead as I would assume the decor of the more costly restaurants is nicer and more elegant - for example they would have table cloths and linen napkins.

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 6:14 pm
It's funny, coming from Brooklyn, we thought Entree' was so reasonably priced for a restaurant.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 6:41 pm
amother Burntblack wrote:
It's funny, coming from Brooklyn, we thought Entree' was so reasonably priced for a restaurant.

Entree is the most reasonably priced restaurant in Lakewood.

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 7:37 pm
What about revolve?

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 7:42 pm
Maybe it’s not profitable

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 8:56 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
This is why I love stingers. But I think stingers is unique!

How much are their entrees? I find there’s no such thing as a reasonably priced sit down restaurant any more, anywhere.

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 9:37 pm
I thought glatt bite had sit down service.

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Aug 18 2022, 9:58 pm
Hamisada and Keepshuto have seating. No waiters, but you can sit down and have a meal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries