Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Need POTATo side dish idea for R"H

florida1

Post Sat, Sep 24 2005, 11:15 pm
need some good potato ideas!

proudmom

Post Sat, Sep 24 2005, 11:17 pm
cut up some potatoes and add paprika on it and put it in the oven.

Potatoe kugel

potatoe latke

miriam

Post Sat, Sep 24 2005, 11:26 pm
Potato blintzes with phyllo dough with a mushroom sauce served over it.

indianamom4

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 1:45 am
Try the knish kugel recipe posted in this forum-really good and it freezes.

Tefila

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 1:54 am
Potatoe suprise. Fry onions and cook boiled potatoes . Then mash w/h one egg, miracle whip loads of garlic and some salt. put in greased baking pan in oven and bake on 400 for approx 10 min till golden brown. We love it.
The reason 4 the title is b/c it's sort've made up so each time it comes out a real suprise Tongue Out

Mommish

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 10:45 am
What else are you serving? You could do potato kugel muffins (just like pot. kugel, but bake in muffin tins for individual servings). When I make roast chicken I usually add oven fried potatos. Its so easy spray a cookie sheet with pam, then add diced potatos. Toss with a couple of tablespoons of oil ( I use canola since its relatively healthy) and bake on 400 for about 25 min (you want to make sure they're soft inside, so it might take longer) You can add salt and eat them plain or toss into chicken juices about 1/2 hour before the chicken is done. This also works for pretty much any root veg (carrots, sweet potatos, parsnip...)

There's also a recipe in Koshe Palette for pareve scalloped potatos which looks really good, but I haven't tried it yet.

suomynona

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 10:56 am
I want to make that scalloped potato recipe from KP for rosh hashana, but I never made it yet, so I don't know how it comes out.

Tefila

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 11:01 am
What about stuffed potatoes in their jackets fancy but tasty and makes any table look nice.

nicole81

Post Sun, Sep 25 2005, 11:40 am
cut up red potatoes into a big bowl. coat with olive or any oil, dice an onion into it. add salt, rosemary and thyme and mix well. spread on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes at 450, or until they start to brown on top.

elisecohen

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 7:58 am
Big hit with my kids--potato and pickle salad--basically just boiled potatoes and cut up dill pickles or pickle relish. Very easy and very yummy.

shanie5

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 11:26 am
OVEN ROASTED POTATOES
small red potatoes. add oil and italian seasoning. mix, bake anywhere from 350-450 (the higher the temp, the quicker they cook. theyre done when peirce easily w/ fork.

OVEN BAKED FRIES
slice unpeeled potatoes into wedges. dip in mixture of equal parts water and oil, with some salt and pepper. place on cookie sheet. bake 400 for 45 minutes or until soft on intside and crisp on outside

cy

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 1:43 pm
what about potato knishes?

shaina punim

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 10:15 pm
you can do a doughless potato knish

klotzkashe

Post Thu, Sep 29 2005, 5:48 am
Cocktail potatoes.
I hate boiling potatoes so I buy cocktail white or red ones that dont' need peeling. I wash really well and boil them until JUST cooked.
THen I fry up onoins and mushrooms (diced) and add the cooked potatoes nad fry until crispy and then keep warm in oven
S&P also help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes