Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Second hand car seat

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 11:06 am
Would you ever buy a car seat off Craigslist?
I'm pregnant with what I plan to be my last baby. My previous infant car seat is expired. I can't stomach the thought of spending $200 on a car seat I'll use a handful of times for a year. (I don't go in the car much and I usually switch my babies to a convertible seat around that time).
I see some listed that the owners' claim have never been in an accident and I'm only looking in more upscale neighborhoods (so I don't feel like they're lying for the money)
I know all the warnings not to, but I'm so tempted...

amother
Buttercup

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 11:08 am
Nope. I buy Graco for around $100 new from
Target.

PeanutMama

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 11:23 am
No it’s better to buy new. You never know if the car seat was in an accident and people lie.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 11:26 am
I wouldn’t. I have to buy a car seat now, for what will probably be my last kid. I’m buying a not so expensive graco.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 11:38 am
Quote:
I wouldn’t. I have to buy a car seat now, for what will probably be my last kid. I’m buying a not so expensive graco.

Which one are you getting? I'm not so thrilled with some of the reviews on the $120 one, and the price just goes up from there

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 11:40 am
Nope. I’d only take second hand from a trusted friend or family member.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 11:52 am
amother OP wrote:
Quote:

Which one are you getting? I'm not so thrilled with some of the reviews on the $120 one, and the price just goes up from there

I still have a few months, I haven’t decided yet.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 11:56 am
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....80954

Someone posted a link in this thread that explains the differences between all the different graco car seats. I found it very helpful, but haven’t made my decision yet.

giftedmom

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 11:58 am
You can buy a graco forever model that’ll last until the kid no longer needs a car seat

giftedmom

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 11:59 am
Graco 4Ever DLX 4 in 1 Car Seat, Infant to Toddler Car Seat, with 10 Years of Use, Fairmont , 20x21.5x24 Inch (Pack of 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J.....ss_tl

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 12:21 pm
Quote:
Graco 4Ever DLX 4 in 1 Car Seat, Infant to Toddler Car Seat, with 10 Years of Use, Fairmont , 20x21.5x24 Inch (Pack of 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J.....ss_tl

Thank you. I already have a convertible car seat that is fairly new, and I absolutely need the convenience of taking an infant seat in and out of the car for a newborn

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 3:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Quote:

Thank you. I already have a convertible car seat that is fairly new, and I absolutely need the convenience of taking an infant seat in and out of the car for a newborn

You said that you will only use it a handful of times. Are you sure that you absolutely need it for such a small number of times?

Keep in mind, convertible car seats can be used rear facing for newborns.

If you really feel it's needed, there are infant car seats you can get for under $70 from walmart. Look for Evenflo. No need to spend $200 or risk safety witj a used car seat.

amother
Lily

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 4:05 pm
I buy all my car seats second hand from craiglist or OfferUp. Wil only buy ones in better condition. Definitely worth it

bsy

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 6:15 pm
I just got a Graco for 119 with 20 or 25 percent off on gracos website. Total with tax was 111.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics