Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
I can't afford clothes for my kids
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 6:35 pm
Were at 0 for this month and I don't have the money to pay for my kids winter clothing. If I wait till next month there may be nothing left in their sizes. This is really really hard for me.
Can anyone give me chizuk?

amother
Oleander

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 6:36 pm
Me too. I don't even know how I'm going to buy them uniform and school supplies.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 6:44 pm
The stores have clothing the whole winter. Only certain items sell out. Where do you live? Brooklyn, lakewood and monsey all have cheaper stores.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 6:45 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
Me too. I don't even know how I'm going to buy them uniform and school supplies.

Do you have a uniform gemach? Most schools have uniforms they can give you, perhaps give yours a call.

amother
Clematis

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 6:46 pm
There are always sizes at Target which makes me think you mean the frum stores? Those are out of reach financially for many people.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 6:46 pm
I’ve never bought winter clothes before October and we’ve been ok. Tell Hashem you need money to dress your kids. He will send. Do they have anything from last year that they can start with?

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 6:53 pm
If you're in lakewood there are a few gemachim where you can get beautiful clothes. For free.
That's what I do.
Not the latest fashion but beautiful nonetheless.
Actually not only in lakewood, monsey and Brooklyn too. Dk where you live but visit your local gemach.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 6:54 pm
Hi! I am sorry you are going through this!
A. Winter clothes -- pretty sure you can get them in a month or two ! It's still summer! Places like children's place, target, will have even better sales later.
B.I recommend asking friends with older kids if they have hand me downs to share. I love getting from friends & passing on things my kids outgrew ! If you are any group chats (WhatsApp), you can even ask there. I have seen people ask before.
C. I hope things get easier for you!! Hatzlocha !!

giftedmom

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 6:57 pm
Do you need them to match?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 6:57 pm
I also saw on news sites that people who get food stamps are getting $ towards school supplies

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 6:58 pm
Winter clothing In August is an imamother thing. They’re fine in their existing clothes for several months. B’hatzlacha

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 6:59 pm
Ali specials has a beautiful line out that is affordable and frum style.

amother
Diamond

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 7:30 pm
amother Clematis wrote:
There are always sizes at Target which makes me think you mean the frum stores? Those are out of reach financially for many people.

I shopped at those stores until my kids needed to be tznius. Once they need to cover their knees it's very hard to find dresses in those stores that are not frum.

amother
Clover

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 7:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Were at 0 for this month and I don't have the money to pay for my kids winter clothing. If I wait till next month there may be nothing left in their sizes. This is really really hard for me.
Can anyone give me chizuk?

Huh?? I assume you live in a developed country, in which case there is always clothing. The world is not running out of clothing.

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 7:45 pm
Do you have WhatsApp or Facebook? These days there are so many groups where people give away clothing. Good luck!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 5:43 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Do you need them to match?

Can't Believe It

amother
Candycane

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 7:01 pm
amother Ginger wrote:
Ali specials has a beautiful line out that is affordable and frum style.

Where is that? Can you give a link with an example please?

Amaranth

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 7:30 pm
https://alispecials.com/produc.....tion/

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 10:36 pm
amother Clover wrote:
Huh?? I assume you live in a developed country, in which case there is always clothing. The world is not running out of clothing.

I live in Lakewood. Tottini, target and even the frum styles on Ali sell out pretty quickly

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 10:37 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Do you have WhatsApp or Facebook? These days there are so many groups where people give away clothing. Good luck!

I don't
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics