Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Bamboo shoots: What would you do?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 3:22 pm
I literally have dozens of cans of bamboo shoots. Any suggestions besides for adding it to pasta with chicken/tofu? It's coming out of our ears - and I'm determined to use it because food is expensive!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 3:29 pm
Make a Chinese rice with shoots, water chestnuts, mushrooms.

Chicken chow mein.

If it's coming out of your ears, I wouldn't mix it with more foods if that's what's going to make people not want to eat it - that's actually wasting more food.

zaq

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 4:28 pm
Make Chinese, put it in soup or give it to a food bank.

Amarante

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 5:18 pm
Google "bamboo shoot recipes" and a lot of recipes come up besides the obvious of adding to a stir fry.

mitzva

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 5:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
I literally have dozens of cans of bamboo shoots. Any suggestions besides for adding it to pasta with chicken/tofu? It's coming out of our ears - and I'm determined to use it because food is expensive!

lettuce
sprouts
shoots
cherry tomatoes
oil
lemon juice
salt
pepper

Elfrida

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 2:18 pm
Use it, but it doesn't have to be all at once. Canned food lasts for years. Literally. If everyone is bored of eating it, just put it away and get some out again in a few months. It won't go to waste in the meantime.

amother
Moonstone

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 2:31 pm
If your family are open to changes in tradition, you can put it in the chicken soup.

DrMom

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 3:01 pm
How did you wind up with so many cans of bamboo shoots?

naomi2

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 10:05 pm
DrMom wrote:
How did you wind up with so many cans of bamboo shoots?

My first thought was maybe this was the op of the thread where the husband was obsessively buying canned food for the apocalypse and refused to give op money for other food
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics