Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Cake for cake smash

snooper86

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 4:22 pm
Where can I find a cheap $30/$40 naked cake in BP? Just a plain simple cake with white frosting around.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 4:52 pm
I took a sponge and decorated it with frosting. I think that buying a cake for the purpose of destroying it is baal tashchis. I don't understand how it has become such an acceptable thing to do.

snooper86

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 5:09 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I took a sponge and decorated it with frosting. I think that buying a cake for the purpose of destroying it is baal tashchis. I don't understand how it has become such an acceptable thing to do.

Thanks, I’m not very cake savvy so easier to buy, though thinking of trying to make my own.

Amarante

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 5:36 pm
Honestly it couldn't be simpler to buy a white cake mix and they probably sell premade frosting - if you can't find ready made in a can, then just a simple white frosting.

I can't conceive of spending $40 for a cake to be smashed when I can pour oil and an egg into a mix and have a cake for $3.00

flowerpower

Post Fri, Aug 19 2022, 5:52 pm
Try Weiss, Strauss, or Kaff

Another mom

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 3:17 pm
I totally agree with Blessing 1. We do not have to take every ritual/custom from the non jews.... and I don't even think it makes such a cute picture either.

teachkids

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 9:46 pm
Another mom wrote:
I totally agree with Blessing 1. We do not have to take every ritual/custom from the non jews.... and I don't even think it makes such a cute picture either.

I handed my kid a chocolate chip cookie. Got adorable pictures at a fraction of the mess. (just enough mess to be cute)

erb17

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 9:54 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

I ate from it after. Don’t think it always goes to waste. My baby only licked the frosting wasn’t destroyed.

Java

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 10:11 pm
Hysterical. OP asks for help with a cake and everyone feels free to contribute their unsolicited judgements on her life choices. Either contribute helpful advice or restrain yourself from commenting. Let her live her life and you live yours.
Gosh I love imamother sometimes.

snooper86

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 11:08 pm
Anyone have a recipe for an easy cake then? No separate eggs etc… I only have a hand mixer so nothing fancy. Would use Duncan Hines but heard people found worms…

Blessing1

Post Sat, Aug 20 2022, 11:39 pm
Java wrote:
Hysterical. OP asks for help with a cake and everyone feels free to contribute their unsolicited judgements on her life choices. Either contribute helpful advice or restrain yourself from commenting. Let her live her life and you live yours.
Gosh I love imamother sometimes.

I think we're allowed to spread awareness. Baal tashchis isn't something to take lightly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins