Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
If you done it I'm looking for feedback

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 11:54 am
I'm so fed up of being overweight. I'm deciding between 2 options now . Herbalife diet or surgery? If anyone has experience or know about the 2 diets please can you tell me which one to choose ? What's healthier/ feedback ?

Not_in_my_town

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 1:05 pm
I know people who have regretted surgically altering their body. Depending on the type of surgery, there can be infections, other complications, the inability to get enough nutrients, anemia, and so on.

Don't rule out surgery, but perhaps do start with the diet first and see if you can be successful on it.
Surgery is a massive trauma on the body. If you need to do it, do it. But if you don't, don't.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 1:07 pm
Dh did 2 gastric surgeries. He has life altering effects from them that can't be reversed. He weighs the same now as when he started. Whatever he lost was regained plus side effects. Speak to people who are at least 7 years after surgery.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 1:10 pm
In my experience (as in I personally used Herbalife) it helps initially but until you get into the habit of being able to implement healthy, well-rounded eating habits without the use of supplements/shakes/etc, alongside physical activity, it’s an unsustainable diet plan. I lost probably 15 lbs on it , including 5x week working out for about an hour each time. But the supplements were just getting too expensive and I was tired of not eating real meals... and I started gaining back weight as soon as I stopped replacing my meals with shakes. Have you exhausted every other option? I know lots of people (including some frum women I see) have IG accounts showing off Herbalife but I’d be extremely wary of diets like these. Again... from experience

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 1:41 pm
I did the surgery around 12 years ago. Had one child since then (had a number from before already) and bH maintained my 90 pound weight loss through it all. I am currently at a healthy body weight and healthy in every way bH. There have been some ups and downs and it hasn’t all been easy but overall I have no regrets and am so grateful to Hashem for giving me this tool when nothing else was working.
Only around 3-4 people (including DH) know I’ve done it because I found (and continue to find) that people are very judgmental about it.
Whatever you do I wish you much Hatzlacha with it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise