Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Please post your apology here, an opportunity
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 6:17 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
That's a really dangerous attitude but it explains why people are so cavalier about humiliating and hurting anonymous people anonymously.

I'm not sure Hashem sees it that way.

It's actually very safe to distance yourself from what strangers in your screen are saying.
Way more dangerous to get emotionally involved on social media. Which goes for both insulting people and getting insulted.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 6:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
Floored , there is no fainting emoji.

But I had a feeling someone would because some of those who said such things are quite upfront and to your face sort of people.

Wow. Kol Hakavod. You should have lots of brachos. I know your post will mean a lot to some people.

I for one appreciate the chance to apologize albeit anonymously. Maybe I will work up the courage to do it in person to the people in real life who I made fun of and not believed. It must have been so frustrating for them.

Just this shabbos, I heard yet another story from one of my shabbos guests who lost his mother just after receiving the vaccine. Of course I can't prove if it's true but this time, instead of arguing, I listened, truly listened, emphatically. Their pain is real.

I was originally in the begining so caught up in fear of getting covid and followed every rule and recommendation suggested by Fauci, the CDC, WHO and whoever was on the nighly news. I meant well. We were scared.

But I was wrong to judge, to be condescending. I indeed, it turns out I WAS wrong.

And I'm truly truly sorry.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 6:20 pm
amother Jade wrote:

And I made the best decision for myself, I didn't yell or shame anyone else, so why in the world would I owe anyone an apology?

Then you don't, I only am addressing those who didn't act like you. Majority of us acted nice to those we don't agree with. Some went over the top.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 6:20 pm
amother Jade wrote:
Yes. I still would. I don't know what "knowledge" you are referring to. I don't click on conspiracy theory clickbait articles or videos from "doctors" who may have earned a PhD but not in the medical field or aren't currently practicing or who have $ interests in antivax movements like most of those "proofs" etc. And while unfortunately I know many people who lost loved ones to covid, thankfully I do not know a single person lost to the vaccine. No, there isn't any "knowledge" I have gained that wouldve changed my mind.

And I made the best decision for myself, I didn't yell or shame anyone else, so why in the world would I owe anyone an apology? Maybe some of the strident people who made fun of people wearing masks or social distancing owe those people an apology?

BTW did you read the mishpacha article about long covid from a week or so ago? Felt very bad for those people.

(And btw I needed to travel or I would have been completely alone on YT this past year. So kindly do not mock my need to travel. Would you want to have conducted a seder and spent pesach completely by yourself? I doubt it.)

I apologize if my tone was mocking your need to travel. I certainly understand that there are very very pressing needs why a person might need to travel.
As pressing as a need to travel might be, in my mind, nothing comes before unknown health risks.
But that’s just me.
Sounds like you made a decision that you feel comfortable with and that is wonderful.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics