Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Exterminator, who pays?
Previous  1  2

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 3:54 pm
momofcuties1 wrote:
Called two different exterminators for bed bugs, if you had bed bugs how many times did the exterminator do treatment? One said once once said three times..

I would want an exterminator that guaranteed results for X period.

I wouldn't want someone coming one time and then having to pay for additional visits.

On the other hand, if the person says that the treatment only needs to be done one time and that they will return free of charge if necessary within a certain period of time that would also work.

I haven't had bedbugs but my neighbor only had to have them come once but the preparation in terms of what she did was a LOT of work as everything had to be washed or thrown out.

ayelethashachar

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 12:32 am
If you live in a building with more than one apartment, you should notify the landlord in writing as soon as you see bed bugs in your home. (Send the notice certified mail, return receipt requested, and keep a copy for yourself.) Since anyone—including the landlord’s workers—could have brought the bed bugs in, it will be very hard for the landlord to prove that any one tenant is the cause of the problem. That is why it is important for tenants to keep their apartments clean. An apartment that is not clean will not cause a bed bug problem. But you can be sure that the landlord will try to blame the tenant if the apartment is not clean. This could cause a problem for the tenant if the case goes to court. On the other hand, keeping a clean apartment will make it very hard for the landlord to try to blame a tenant for bed bugs.

overworked

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 1:08 am
momofcuties1 wrote:
Called two different exterminators for bed bugs, if you had bed bugs how many times did the exterminator do treatment? One said once once said three times..

my said 3 times he came a 2nd time this past week found 1 live bh he killed it hopefully im done with it

Mevater

Post Sun, Aug 21 2022, 11:47 pm
This makes no sense to hold a landlord responsible for exterminating bedbugs.

Ive been told you can bring in bedbugs with a suitcase, or in a grocery bag from a supermarket, or even library books, etc

How is that the landlord's fault?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics