Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Chenille snoods: s/o from the other thread
1  2  Next

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 9:39 pm
On another thread, it was mentioned that chenille snoods really do not look good on most people. I wear them most of the time, but I would have to admit that they probably don't look so good on me, either. I have a fairly round face. I do try to wear a sheitel most of the time, because it's what I find the msot flattering, but there are times when it is just not practical.

Are there any styles that tend to be more flattering? I'm not going to wear the Rivka- Malka -Wrapunzel style look, it's just not me. What else?

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 9:42 pm
ruchelbuckle wrote:
On another thread, it was mentioned that chenille snoods really do not look good on most people. I wear them most of the time, but I would have to admit that they probably don't look so good on me, either. I have a fairly round face. I do try to wear a sheitel most of the time, because it's what I find the msot flattering, but there are times when it is just not practical.

Are there any styles that tend to be more flattering? I'm not going to wear the Rivka- Malka -Wrapunzel style look, it's just not me. What else?

I hate the look too! I wear the bandanna that you fold into a triangle and tie. I think they're way more flattering.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 9:42 pm
Most women I see look quite good and cute in a chenille snood. Those that don't look good in it, don't look good even if they leave hair out in the front. Showing hair shouldn't be encouraged on a frum site.

Have you tried pre tied bandana or Israeli style tichel?

tweety1

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 9:43 pm
I agree very many people don't look good in snoods myself included. But nothing beats the comfort of snoods. Being that I wear it mostly in the house, and I also wear pretty, pretty tops I don't care.

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 9:46 pm
I like the pre-tied bandannas that were in style before the chenille style snoods. More comfortable, suit my face more. Alas, they're outdated.

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 9:58 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
I hate the look too! I wear the bandanna that you fold into a triangle and tie. I think they're way more flattering.

Can you post a link or picture of what you are describing?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 9:58 pm
These are quite trendy now..

https://sockshoppeny.com/colle.....gcs02

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 10:14 pm
amother Periwinkle wrote:
These are quite trendy now..

https://sockshoppeny.com/colle.....gcs02

Per the Mickey Mouse backpack thread Very Happy I am not so interested in whats trendy, but rather, what is a flattering look. I'm trying to envision how the extra fabric hanging down looks.....

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 10:15 pm
Pretied scarves are very in style now and much more flattering. They also come in many patterns and colors so you can get one that looks good with your skin tone.

Not_in_my_town

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 10:16 pm
I like pretieds, and I really don't think Chenille snoods look good, but hey, if you FEEL good, that's a huge chunk of what matters.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 10:16 pm
ruchelbuckle wrote:
Per the Mickey Mouse backpack thread Very Happy I am not so interested in whats trendy, but rather, what is a flattering look. I'm trying to envision how the extra fabric hanging down looks.....

I cut shorter the pieces hanging down. I'm short and the long pieces don't look good on me.

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 10:21 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
Pretied scarves are very in style now and much more flattering. They also come in many patterns and colors so you can get one that looks good with your skin tone.

can you show an example of a pretied scarf?

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 10:33 pm
I wear chenille snoods. I don't love any head coverings to be honest, but personally I think pre tied looks weirder. Chenille can pass for a hat and I just can't get used to the tichel look. It just looks weird to me.

amother
Navyblue

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 12:04 am
What's a good company for pretieds? I need to stock up

GLUE

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 12:20 am
I still wear the snoods with the knot on top, I find them comfortable even if they are so out of style. If people think it's weird that's their problem.

I don't like the way Chenille snoods look(I call them mushrooms)

I do sometimes were scarfs that I tie like a pretied or a pretied

OceanRider

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 12:31 am
I also don’t like the chenille snood look. Most people don’t look good in them.

I love the tichel look though, pretied and the square ones with the long “wings”. They look so feminine and beautiful.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 3:34 am
I look best in pre-tied bandanas.

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 3:49 am
Pretied longtail tichels here. I have a few snoods but they look odd on me. I love tichels...

mommyhood

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 4:17 am
I think chenille snoods are very flattering on many people as long as it’s not too flat against the side of the face or super short.

hodeez

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 6:43 am
$30 each? What do you mean stock up lol
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels