Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
I can’t decide which dinning room chairs to buy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 12:33 pm
So I’m told I need to buy something that won’t show stains ones I have Children that will be walking around and can stain it with their hands and feet or spill food on it. Should it be some type of fake leather or just dark color of fabric. The lege need to be dark wood to match my table. Wwyd? What color is in fashion now? Solid or design. And what design.

amother
Kiwi

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 12:49 pm
Leather! And then you could do any color since you could wash it.

Fabric could get gross with kids around and it's really hard to wash.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 1:03 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
Leather! And then you could do any color since you could wash it.

Fabric could get gross with kids around and it's really hard to wash.

Can it be fake leather?

tweety1

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 1:04 pm
I have a mahogany table. Chairs are all upholstered with gold metal legs. Leather or faux leather chairs. The combo is GORGEOUS!
(I'm not sure if it's real leather or faux leather)

amother
Kiwi

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 1:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
Can it be fake leather?

Sure, as long as it's washable!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 1:15 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I have a mahogany table. Chairs are all upholstered with gold metal legs. Leather or faux leather chairs. The combo is GORGEOUS!
(I'm not sure if it's real leather or faux leather)

What color is the leather

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 2:28 pm
We just bought new dining room chairs that haven't been delivered yet. We had ones that were supposed to be washable material but ha they were definitely not washable ever. And then we had them reupholstered about 2 years ago with brown but it was just so dark and I really didn't like it. So now we just about new chairs and they are off white with some gold mixed in. Not really sure how to describe it but they are completely and totally washable and we found out to get the reupholstered is not super expensive so we'll see how it goes with a lighter color. I just really felt like I needed to make my dining room a little bit lighter and I was tired of all the dark colors. If it gets stained a little bit I'm not going to be upset. I don't have such little kids anymore but we're not perfectly neat all the time either but it is totally washable so hopefully it will be good.

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 2:31 pm
Just bought white faux leather chairs with chrome legs. White is a little risky but hopefully we will stay on top of cleaning them regularly!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 3:13 pm
amother Petunia wrote:
Just bought white faux leather chairs with chrome legs. White is a little risky but hopefully we will stay on top of cleaning them regularly!

Is t the faux leather washable? Can you post a link please?

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 3:18 pm
All leather can be cleaned with a leather cleaner.

The problem with light colored leather is that you can get staining from people just sitting on them even if they aren't kids dropping food.

tweety1

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 4:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
What color is the leather

Cream. It all came together so beautifully. The 2 head chairs are regular dining room chairs. The legs being the exact same as the table. Leather is cream too. A stunning design. The side chairs we bought by a dinette store because I wanted metal legs. The whole combo of all the chairs and table looks GORGEOUS!

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 4:50 pm
We recently bought dark blue performance velvet dining room chairs. We spray them with Scotchguard twice a year. So Far they wipe off beautifully.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 4:51 pm
Amarante wrote:
All leather can be cleaned with a leather cleaner.

The problem with light colored leather is that you can get staining from people just sitting on them even if they aren't kids dropping food.

How does it get stained just from sitting on it?

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 4:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is t the faux leather washable? Can you post a link please?

Is it very wipeable. I have a faux leather couch too and it looks great even 5 years later.

I wish I had a link but I got them from my local OOT store and have no clue what they actually are.

And about the faux leather getting stained- the guy at the store told us that it can happen over time from the natural oils on people's hands so we need to wipe them down regularly. Especially at top of the backs.

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 24 2022, 5:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
How does it get stained just from sitting on it?

Clothing has dyes that can transfer. This also occurs with light colored fabric when people have cream or white fabric sofas and someone sits with denim for example.

Also people’s clothing has dirt and grime because they are sitting in lots of places that aren’t pristine. Maybe they have come from the subway. The grime won’t be immediately obvious the way a stain from spilled food might be but over time the grain of the light leather will look dingy. White is always high maintenance unless it is something in a finish like ceramic tile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics